News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Messi will he come or will he stay thread

Started by Stephen Paul, August 17, 2020, 05:43:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

https://www.bbc.com/sport/53799945

Spitting the dummy out again looking attention .Hope this turns out to be a load of balls

Cant see Pep signing him . 33 years old

Bit of a spoilt fooker and all 

gavin

Yes, I'd say that it would probably be an unhelpful and very expensive diversion at this stage in our development and his career. We really should stick to our policy of targeting good value younger players that we can develop into world class players.

Hesperus

I’d take him on a free, we’d be mad to pay a transfer fee.

gavin

I don't think I'd take him even without a fee. Trouble is that the wages would be so large that it would completely unbalance the wage structure.

KunDB

Messi has been sheer magic but his time in the spotlight has come and he shone, but now his light is fading.

Barcelona would love to cash in big on a fading asset so they rebuild for the future, but only a club in desperation would pay anything more than a nominal fee for him now at his age and taking account of the remuneration package he would no doubt be seeking.

Money could be better spent rebuilding our squad which is already strong, but lacking key ingredients - a new striker, a strengthened defence.

Remember that old git next door that I despised, Fergie, the one quality I admired about him was his ability to sell a player soon after he went past his prime at a premium price to desperate other clubs who got rapidly declining value for money and performances. That's Messi, a great time for Barcelona to cash in on him.

Paddy

Couldn't agree more. We desperately need a striker but a young one

Neil Mcnab

They would still ask about  â,¬100 million, same as Tranaldo at same age. He would bring a lot commercially. Probably got a good two or three years? Team would need to revolve around Messi. A gamble too far. Just a ploy to change the club president anyway.

lee

bums on seats,new fans,sell lots of shirts,city on the map etc...love to see him at city

Stephen Paul

definitely a shirt seller

Stephen Paul

Its funny how football fans here in the middle East change their teams

All of a sudden full of Liverpool fans because of the league title and Salah 

bluebrendan

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 18, 2020, 12:55:46
Its funny how football fans here in the middle East change their teams

All of a sudden full of Liverpool fans because of the league title and Salah
If they start nicking hub caps get out fast, Stevie!  :D

Messi? No thanks, there are cheaper ways of causing dressing room unrest.

Stephen Paul

Hesperus

Just handed in a transfer request at Barca.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53911105

Apparently he can leave for free!

Neil Mcnab

Leaving for free, different matter. Get him in.

Stephen Paul

on a free at 33 years old , take him , shirt sales through the roof world wide

the smell of boiling piss from the jealous nine will be rife   

Stephen Paul

Messi to sign before October

City 7/4
PSG 4/1
Inter 6/1
Rags 7/1
Juventus 10/1
Chelsea 14/1
AC Milan 28/1
Bayern 33/1
Arsenal 40/1
Leeds 50/1
Madrid 66/1

Any Chinese club 33/1
Newells Boys 16/1
Mls clubs 20/1
Al Sadd 25/1

shandon

Stephen Paul

bluebrendan

Quote from: bluebrendan on August 18, 2020, 13:26:51

Messi? No thanks, there are cheaper ways of causing dressing room unrest.

Well, I suppose I could tolerate him for a couple of seasons.  ;)

KunDB

Not free. Contract litigation mess. 10 June 2020 I can go on a free if I ask before then contract clause but he missed that date and now citing Covid 19 means it should be extended. Big big Messy mess as always with Messi