News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Messi will he come or will he stay thread

Started by Stephen Paul, August 17, 2020, 05:43:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Clean up in Aisle 4.

Stephen Paul

the whole Messi thing is starting to wear me thin and its only a few days running

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 27, 2020, 09:04:33
Clean up in Aisle 4.

Whoop whoop.

I'm coming around to this now.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 27, 2020, 12:47:20
the whole Messi thing is starting to wear me thin and its only a few days running

Remember the Kaka fiasco? Urgh.

Swiss

Yes!

But also loads of others too!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Paddy

I don't consider £600 odd mill as free !...

Stephen Paul

Paddy

Also failed to score a pen against us and Bacca were thrashed 0 - 4 by the bindippers

Stephen Paul

Its all starting to go a bit tits up with Messi now with only a couple of weeks before the PL kicks off

Swiss

5 weeks of the transfer market remain.

I wonder if it will go to CAS.

Hesperus

After the La Liga statement yesterday there’s not a lot City can do now. It’s up to Messi’s team to try and sort it out, which could take an age. We should monitor the situation but put it on the back burner and concentrate on our real transfer priorities or this could turn into a massive distraction with no end result.

Swiss

Of course La Liga would release that statement.
1) protects their league, Messi is their ejewel in the crown.

2) they hate us.

The only way Messi could wriggle out of the June clause is to go to court and argue that due to the season unexpectedly being extended, the clause should be too.

lee

He could buy himself out of the contract/clause Tone?

Stephen Paul

things are getting complicated now with this Messi saga and the media are just making things up for fun

I am sure Pep will want this sorted as soon as

Swiss

Quote from: lee on August 31, 2020, 11:55:55
He could buy himself out of the contract/clause Tone?

Not sure how that would work. He's probably on some really complicated financials tied into shirt sales and inage rights... on top of 12 months at 2mil a month.

Or he'd have to pay his release clause of +£600m

KunDB

Barcelona can try and bluff but bluff it is as they are in a very poor negotiating position.

What are their options?

Send, or let Messi stay, in Coventry and pay/fine him through his huge weekly wages? Not a smart option, as it only leaves them with a financial liability and no on field return. Then in ten months he walks away a free agent, with Barcelona getting nought.

They could fight him in court but what benefit would they get from that? Even if they won (eventually), a big if, and imagine the cost if they lost? Just would not make any sense.

They could hope he would crack and start to train/play to stay fit and up to speed, but why would he and how would his commitment be?

Barca need money from this because they know he is gone and that's the only saving grace for them. So Barca have to try and create a dispute so they can squeeze some money from City to just fast track the process, a fine line to tread.

For Messi and City it is just a waiting game to call out their buff.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Kilkenny Blue

The Barca presidential candidate Victor Font seems to think Messi has left Barca for good.  Messi really wants the move to City.  The next few days are going to be critical.  Personally I think he will come to City and that it'll be the signing that'll really bring city to the next level.  It's mouth watering thinking of him, Torres, Sterling, Foden, Silva, Aguero etc.

Stephen Paul

Its scary looking at the City possible line up for next season

the jealous nine , FA and Uefa will be boiling their piss to extreme levels