News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Messi will he come or will he stay thread

Started by Stephen Paul, August 17, 2020, 05:43:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: stephenmcfc on September 02, 2020, 06:03:40
Its scary looking at the City possible line up for next season

the jealous nine , FA and Uefa will be boiling their piss to extreme levels

I hope so!  Liverpool got a Greek waiter and we got Messi  :D :D

Paddy

Messi and City agree a five year deal worth £625.000.000. Three years at the Etihad and a further two at MLC New York City, according to BBC ceefax...

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Quote from: Paddy on September 02, 2020, 08:31:40
Messi and City agree a five year deal worth £625.000.000. Three years at the Etihad and a further two at MLC New York City, according to BBC ceefax...

They have no clue the figures get higher and higher by the day. Just ignore the finance, leave that to City.

Swiss

Especially if we get him for no transfer fee!

Also, we'll be able to renegotiate sponsor deals, justifiably getting more than man u or lfc.  That will piss them off more.

goat

what does that everton fan have to say on all this?

is he hanging out at alton towers with messi and david villa?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Been at the pub haha he didn't like the new president.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Stephen Paul

Gareth

Hesperus

That should be the close of it now. I think Messi genuinely wants to leave but it’s clear there is going to be a long legal battle if he chooses to force it through which serves no one. He’ll stay for another season and probably exercise his right to leave for free in 2021 but at that point I doubt he’ll come to us.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Chill, he has made his decision and it is a big one for Barcelona, they must now convince him to sign a new contract or their biggest asset walks out the door on a free.  Perfect for Messi, horrendous for Barcelona financially.

Not to sure he will end up at City when the January auction starts, probably in October.

Hesperus

I think this also has a bearing on Peps contract situation too. Had Messi signed this window, Pep extending would have been nailed on. Id imagine Khaldoon will be more than a bit pissed off tonight.

gavin

Swiss

Any club can sign him up at the winter window (6 months before contract end)

gavin

I've had enough of the bloke already. We don't need the circus of him.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: gavin on September 06, 2020, 20:50:49
I've had enough of the bloke already. We don't need the circus of him.

Agreed.

I do however think we need an absolutely massive marquee signing. Something along the lines of Mampe. Or even the lad that Chelsea have signed. We're signing lots of potential, but I'd like to see us absolutely smash the bank for the absolute top notch talent.

I see where they're coming from wanting Messi, but you can spend similar money for a player that's going to go further than what Messi has ahead of him and will contribute more to the team. Also, without the circus (hopefully).

I never believed Messi was coming and this isn't the first time the club have been used to leverage a players contract talks elsewhere. I would love, I would it (if we beat them) and the club came out in the summer and said nope, we're not interested from the off.