News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City women in Community Shield

Started by gavin, August 29, 2020, 12:55:10

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

City playing Chelsea in the Community Shield on BBC. 0-0 after 20 mins.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Nice one Gav! 54 minutes, still goalless.

Am I right in saying that city and Chelsea are the two top dogs in England?

Yes I'm aware it's the community shield but Arse are in it for the blokes later.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

City down to ten. I think she got a straight red there but I'd say it was just about a yellow. Bit harsh.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

And Chelsea take the leed from 35 yards out. Keeper should have done better.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

83 minutes and city have been poor

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Finished 2-0. City never looked like scoring from when I tuned in.

gavin

City were quite good at stages in the first half but gave away too many chances throughout.

It is worth looking out for a quality run from Chloe Kelly in the first half if you look at the highlights. If she'd found the finish, it would have been as good as Kinkladze v Southampton. She passed in the end but unfortunately the recipient of the pass was offside. Kelly also hit the post. She looks good.

Kilkenny Blue

My friends daughter is being courted by a few big clubs.  She's just won a call up to the Irish ladies senior team at 17.  I hope City are one of the clubs. Ellen Malloy is her name and she's a class above everyone else

Swiss

Good luck to her. A great time to be starting in womens football as the professionalisation recognition is improving in leaps and bounds.

Stephen Paul

watched our ladies training at the academy last season , great bunch 

Stephen Paul

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53955822

good start for the ladies with a 2 0 win over Villa

Stanway netting twice

gavin

They didn't play well though. Gareth has a lot of work to do.