News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Leicester

Started by gavin, September 27, 2020, 15:32:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

How do they just glance past our players? Not just today but everyone seems to do it so easily.

lee

Garcia is wank as is Mendy

Hesperus

One thing is for sure. We need a damn site more than Diaz to make a difference to this team.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Mendy is wank yes, but might be a bit daft of Pep to put young inexperienced Garcia with new signing Ake? Dinho might have been a better option at the back.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Fekin joke these lot are.

Hesperus

Why, why, why have we not bought a left back? It’s been a glaring, massive problem for years. Shocking recruitment from the club.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on September 27, 2020, 18:05:53
Garcia is wank as is Mendy

Mendy is extra special crap.

CTID

Settles the LB debate - we clearly need a new left back this transfer window.

lee

Quote from: Head de Ball on September 27, 2020, 18:19:31
Settles the LB debate - we clearly need a new left back this transfer window.

Agreed but he'll move Ake to LB or Cancelo when he's fit...That was fookin shocking today and Mendy should never play for City again.

Hesperus

Team badly affected by injuries, but hard not to be pessimistic after that performance.

Last season we were 8 points behind after 8 games and never got close to clawing it back. We look a shadow of the team that won back to back titles. First time for a long while I’ve felt we aren’t going to challenge for the title, nor trophies.

Kilkenny Blue

Get rid of Mendy ASAP!  Always a liability, can't cross, can't defend, out of position.

Pep interview an embarrassment.

Micah bang on about the Fernandinho substitution

Swiss

We were struggling before the dinho sub. I imagine Rodri is the fitter player given Dinho is 36 now.

Whats more of an issue for me is, why go to 442. And why Foden out left.

Surley we're more comfortable at 433.

Breaking their goals down.

1st. Garcia out of position, walker drawn on 2 players. Makes a stupid decision. Vardy still jumps in the air though with unusual movement, no-pen for me, booking for diving for Vardy. Walker stupid to put hands on shoulder, but Vardy has dived.

2nd, Mendy lackadaisical, Ake didnt bust a gut to try and block the cross, Garcia lost Vardy again. Take nothing away from the Zola-esque finish though.

3rd, Garcia not watching Vardy's movement. Having said that, its another clever penalty win by him. Frustrating this one.

4th, Garcia didnt close Maddison down. Stood off. Cracking shot, but should have been blocked or made harder for him.

5th. Mendy has got the wrong side of Vardy, who hes just seen win two penalties, and he does it again, slight touch, down.

In conclusion, we should accept the offer from Barcelona for Garcia. And get a new LB.

Swiss

One thing I meant to day is, we're too nice. There's not steel in the team.

No one shouts at each other. All I see is heads going down.

gavin

I see Garcia's name mentioned a lot during that analysis. We should have got rid of him as soon as Barca came in with a half decent offer. He isn't at the level we need and he isn't staying to improve for years to come. His commitment clearly isn't there. He shouldn't wear a City shirt again.

Even more worrying though, considering we are strengthening at centre half, is that both full backs made fundamental errors. Walker had a decent season last season so I'll give him some benefit from that but Mendy looks like a liability at the back. He always did to an extent but now he's worse and offers little going forward either.

Foden was totally anonymous. But there again in a performance like that no-one comes out unblemished.

Stephen Paul

agree about Foden , at one stage I was wondering if he was on the park in the first half . Just shows what can happen when we have an off day 

CTID

We just are unable to maintain the tempo for 50 minutes never mind 90 and crumble under pressure feebly.

I thought Ake done ok, but we lacked physicality and were easily bullied by Leicester.

Foden and a cohort of others just disappeared.

Swiss

Foden playing the false 9, or out wide isn't as good as when he plays through the centre mid.

Left back wise, I'd be happy with Lucas Digne from Everton and I'd also take Justin from Leicester.