News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at Wolves

Started by gavin, September 21, 2020, 19:16:09

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Ake, Mendy, Rodrigo, Fernandinho (C), De Bruyne, Foden, Sterling, Jesus

Subs: Steffen, Torres, Mahrez, Otamendi, Delap, Doyle, Bernabe

gavin

Surprised to see Stones start. Three kids on the bench. Delap being a big surprise - a big step up for the lad and shows our limited options up front.

Stephen Paul

lee

might get a look at delap tonight

goat

he will be after a move to barcelona if he gets 5 minutes

gavin

That'll do for a start. Much more quick and energetic than I was expecting. Still feel sorry for Jesus though, kicked and pushed throughout and then booked himself.

gavin

A very good win at Wolves but far too many of the old defensive frailties were clear in that second half. Lots of room for improvement.

Hesperus

Great first half, second half showed our issues from last season are all still there. Wolves should have scored more than one and we’re unlucky. Mendy and Stones weak links. Rodri brought nothing to the game and Jesus frustrated up front again.  Still a CB, LB and striker short. 

Ake had a solid if unspectacular debut. KDB and Sterling good, and great to see Fernandinho back in midfield though.

Swiss

Ake having a solid but unspectacular debut is ok with me.

He passed the ball well, actually won aerial challenges and did well in an exposed defence.

Good win. Looked short of match fitness.

lee

We looked very comfortable first half.Second half same old story at the back but im not going to single Ake out who looked good and confident to me.

Mendy was poor as usual and i was disappointed with Rodri for shitting out on a challenge with Traoré

I think Pep's decision to put the kids on the bench is a nod towards wanting new players.He certainly seemed unhappy in pre and post match interviews

Stephen Paul

we are definitely lacking a couple of players in key positions to have a pop at the league this season

bluebrendan

Mendy's defending was shocking, since his injuries he's lost his main attribute - pace - and he loooks a very average defender without it, even Neto breezed past him last night and I've never thought he was fast.

On the plus side KdB looks hungry and Foden has hopefully put all that Iceland nonsense behind him. Ake was solid as well, looks a good signing.

Swiss

Kids on the bench was a necessity because 7 other first teasers were out injured.

Aguero
Silva
Gundogan
Laporte
Cancelo
Zinchenko
Garcia