News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Favourite tipple?

Started by Kilkenny Blue, October 03, 2020, 23:25:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Who sups what and why?

My current faves:

Costellos Beyond a Pale - Lushness in a can or an draught
Blue Moon - Tasty.  The used to serve it on draught in Dublin airport, hence me being 5 hours early for my flights (and missing one)
Kinnegar Scraggy Bay - All their beers are divine, but this one is worth the 5 hour drive to Portsalon!
Bombardier - What I drink when I'm in Manc.   

Stephen Paul

Jamesons whiskey

Hard to beat

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Stephen Paul

you drinking your own piss again

lee

Guinness or Murphys if i go in a boozer(not been in one for year)

Good Italian red wine at home with a meal(Usually weekends as i dont drink much anymore)

Stephen Paul

unfortunately heavily restricted here with booze . Managed to get my hands on a few Guinness a while back but apart from that , almost a year now with no booze
Not a bad thing really but you do miss a tipple when the football is on the telly   

lee

I thought about it on Saturday against Leeds.Shall i open a bottle?
Feels a bit pointless now with the state of football and no atmosphere mate.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on October 05, 2020, 07:39:53
I thought about it on Saturday against Leeds.Shall i open a bottle?
Feels a bit pointless now with the state of football and no atmosphere mate.

very true. I not bothered now if I miss a game on the box as its piss poor 

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: stephenmcfc on October 04, 2020, 07:56:15
you drinking your own piss again

Probably wouldn't taste any worse than what me corner offi sells.

A nice pub opened in Droylsdump a couple of years ago that just has alsorts of micro brewary beers. The drinks change from week to week. It's fekin mint.

I was in a few weeks ago and the bar guy asked if I wanted to try some plumb brandy that one of the Polish bar birds made. Fekin well strong but nice. He said he can't charge me for it cos its not taxed, so I said I'll have another one then :D

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Forgot to mention, that new bar is called the Silly Country. I've been put tonight so will explain the name another time unless someone wants to have a go? I'm sure there are plenty in the know...

There's another new place in droylsdump called industry. Been in there tonight on the Stella,
Blue moon, Desarono and the missus got me a bottle of Builet bourbon. All good shiznet may I say!!! :D

Swiss

Old Rosie cider
A nice tawny port followed by a bit of cheese
Some good rum

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Big bottle of old Rosie for a fiver, noice.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Swiss on October 06, 2020, 03:46:53
Old Rosie cider
A nice tawny port followed by a bit of cheese
Some good rum

Forgot all about Cider!  I like the cloudy stuff, though have been known to partake in the clear stuff, especially at weddings etc. 

lee

goat

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: lee on October 06, 2020, 10:11:39
Loony juice that Cider

Never got too drunk on it and always feel OK the next day!  I was at a wedding in Mere last year and they had this organic Kiwi cider.  Free bar for the day, early start, 5.30am finish!  Was bright as a button after

lee

I cant booze like i used to.The day after is just not worth it.

The Blue Blooded Maniac