News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Vs Gilingham

Started by Kilkenny Blue, October 24, 2020, 02:04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Just watching it again on Sky sports.  I can remember every kick of the game.  Watched in the father in laws pub with a couple of local City fans and a good pal (a Liverpool supporter that borrowed one of my City jerseys for the game).  I remember being confident that we'd get back in the game even after being 2 goals down!  I wasn't able to talk for a week after the match. 

Had the pleasure of meeting up with Dickov in Altrincham in another pals nightclub (161) a few years later and had a few drinks with him. Absolute gent and one of my fave all time City players.

Swiss

Good memories. Weirdly I watched it with a load of LFC fan friends too.

That was back in the day when rival fans would pity us "oh you're my second team".

Used to wind me up! How could you have a second team for those reasons!

gavin

For sheer desperation that will never be beaten. Yes, winning the league is the ultimate buzz but the terrible desperation of being behind in that Gillingham game was unreal. It would have been so hard to come back from another season in Div 2.

gavin

Watching Michael Brown on We're not really here on youtube is so much more interesting and illuminating than watching Sky or BT.

Neil Mcnab

A different era, great memories.

KunDB

I think I’m still suffering ptsd from the first 90 minutes of that game.