News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Moyes Hammers

Started by KunDB, October 24, 2020, 12:01:09

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Why do players need half time Pep talk before they show urgency and sufficient aggression in attack. Infuriates me. Truth is we are fairly toothless in attack atm.

Sergio a long way off match fit.

Neil Mcnab

Completely agree with Hesperus and everyone else. Everything Sterling touched turned to gold, not at the moment, has he lost some pace?. Mahrez scores a spectacular goal now and again, much else? We werent playing Bayern Munich, Rodri should have been on the bench. Kun is coming back from injury and zero to work with.
Where was Torres, he looks in superb form and scares opposition with lightening pace.
Bad, bad day at the office, but could have been even worse.

Swiss

Quote from: Hesperus on October 24, 2020, 14:32:50
Zinchenko sub. Why??? 

Mahrez Not subbed why??

Rodri and Gundogan in midfield why?

Playing Garcia, why?

Peps making life hard for the team so far this season and you can tell from the players body language, they aren’t happy and confidence is dwindling.

To answer...
Zinchenko on to give walker a rest. Pep prioritising the Marshall match.

I was disapointed to see he wasn't taken off, but the same could be said for Sterling.

I have never liked our play when Rodri and Gundog play together. Too flat, too slow. I think Pep does it because he doesn't trust the defence... but that stifles the creativity.

Garcia. Either him or stones. Laporte and Ake not fit.

Most of Peps hands are forced due to injuries. No way that line up would have happened if we had a full squad to pick from.

Kilkenny Blue

What's the story with Ake's injury?

lee

Sergio out now as well with another injury.

ffs

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on October 24, 2020, 16:41:01
To answer...
Zinchenko on to give walker a rest. Pep prioritising the Marshall match.

I was disapointed to see he wasn't taken off, but the same could be said for Sterling.

I have never liked our play when Rodri and Gundog play together. Too flat, too slow. I think Pep does it because he doesn't trust the defence... but that stifles the creativity.

Garcia. Either him or stones. Laporte and Ake not fit.

Most of Peps hands are forced due to injuries. No way that line up would have happened if we had a full squad to pick from.

Yes, we are impacted by injuries, but he could have rested Walker from the start if he is concerned especially as he play last Wed and will be playing again on Tuesday.

Garcia shouldn’t play again for us, he isn’t that good and isn’t interested in staying. The fact we didn’t accept 16 mil for him from Barca is just poor management or bloody mindedness. Is 16 mill worth losing for a player who’ll only play a handful of times and is then off for nowt in the summer? We have Sterling or Taylor Harwood Bellis, the later would give his eye teeth for a chance. Either of those should play ahead of Garcia.

Swiss

Ake has a groin strain. Not thought to be anything serious, but needs to rest it.

Aguero has a hamstring injury. TBC how serious it is

Swiss

Quote from: Hesperus on October 24, 2020, 18:28:29
Yes, we are impacted by injuries, but he could have rested Walker from the start if he is concerned especially as he play last Wed and will be playing again on Tuesday.

Garcia shouldn’t play again for us, he isn’t that good and isn’t interested in staying. The fact we didn’t accept 16 mil for him from Barca is just poor management or bloody mindedness. Is 16 mill worth losing for a player who’ll only play a handful of times and is then off for nowt in the summer? We have Sterling or Taylor Harwood Bellis, the later would give his eye teeth for a chance. Either of those should play ahead of Garcia.

I'm assuming you mean Stones not Sterling.

So, with Stones, we were also trying to get rid of him too. But he refused to move to a few clubs, including Spurs.

And I think the real reason we didn't sell Garcia was one of timing. Barca waited until the last day to start serious negotiations. No time for us to get a good replacement. And I also think Txiki thinks he can charm him to stay. I also think the Messi saga played a little bit about it too. So my blame lies with Barca not city.

So who do we play instead? Taylor? I've not seen enough of him to know his playing style.

Stones? Confidence shot. Not aggressive and good for a mistake.

Garcia. Short. Slowish. But still learning his trade.

Kilkenny Blue

I thought Garcia was better today.

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on October 24, 2020, 18:40:40
I'm assuming you mean Stones not Sterling.

So, with Stones, we were also trying to get rid of him too. But he refused to move to a few clubs, including Spurs.

And I think the real reason we didn't sell Garcia was one of timing. Barca waited until the last day to start serious negotiations. No time for us to get a good replacement. And I also think Txiki thinks he can charm him to stay. I also think the Messi saga played a little bit about it too. So my blame lies with Barca not city.

So who do we play instead? Taylor? I've not seen enough of him to know his playing style.

Stones? Confidence shot. Not aggressive and good for a mistake.

Garcia. Short. Slowish. But still learning his trade.

I’d rather have stones or Taylor harwood bellis.  Both want to stay at the club. Garcia doesn’t, so why develop him when for Barca when he’s off in the Summer?

Anyway the real problem today was a slow midfield and attack. Pep could have played a more mobile midfield with a different team selection and we should 100% have signed a striker in the summer. I also think there is a final season downer over the team since Pep won’t commit to an extension.

Swiss

I think the big reason why we lost today was because no one closed down that cross to Antonio.

And

A lack of a clinical finishing.

Hesperus

Agree about closing down that cross, LB position again, but anyhow, had we closed down that cross or Sterling put away one of his two good chances, would it have been a good performance?

Not for me, it would have been a great result, but still no where near the performance level we’ve seen in recent years.

KunDB

The reason we didn’t close down that cross was our players stopped to appeal for a handball that on review appears not to have been s as handball at all.

A mistake we seem to keep repeating year after year.

The players are just not working as hard for Pep as in the past. Just not as sharp around the box as well too often too many passes and touches.

Swiss

First half no, was not a good performance.

Second half was better, but not great.

We're too reliant on KDB.

Also, doesn't matter about appealing for handball, you play to the whistle.  There were three city players around the ball.

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on October 25, 2020, 00:13:43
Also, doesn't matter about appealing for handball, you play to the whistle.  There were three city players around the ball.

Yes three players who stopped playing to appeal for handball (that probably wasn't), when will these players ever learn to just play to the whistle. I particularly remember Kyle Walker CL as one horrific example, but there have been others over the last few seasons.