News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Other Champions League games

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, March 10, 2015, 21:30:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Cracking game going on in Madrid. Schalke having a real go and currently leading Real Madrid 3-4. One more goal and they'll be through on away goals!

Bale is being roundly booed by the Real Madrid crowd...

gavin

Don't like him do they. Let's have him at City then. Be great if they went out.

gavin

They're through but what a bunch of spoilt bastards the crowd are. Sounds like they're whistling with derision.

Rowley Birkin QC

That's exactly what they are doing. Not the most forgiving of crowds the Real Madrid lot. Hardly surprising the rest of Spain hates them so much.

The Spanish media pressure on Ancelotti will no doubt increase after that performance. Over-run in midfield and but for the Prancing Pony they'd be out now.

goat

always been shit crowds from what i remember, clap a bit if something good happens and whinge a bit if they dont win 5-0

fuck the spanish

gavin

I hope we never get that bad. Mind you the number of seasoncard holders not turning up for games like Leicester at home is getting more than a bit embarrassing.

gavin

I hate Chelsea and Mourinho with a passion. Is it possible that some day I could hate them more than the rags? Maybe not but boy they are a loathsome bunch of cheating scumbags led by one of the most dislikeable people in the multiverse.

Rowley Birkin QC

They are struggling at home here against PSG (playing too slowly - somewhat like us at the moment...)

Bad tempered game as well. You get the feeling it's going to kick off at any moment and there will be a red card or two.

gavin

They already got Ibrahimovic sent off. I'm just glad we haven't had Mourinho at City. They're winning now but what a way to be successful. Beneath contempt.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

David Luiz equalizes. Interesting!

Rowley Birkin QC

I was wondered where Ibrahimovic was! (I came to game a bit late and was watching with the sound down while I quietly moved around the house this morning)

Still... looks like the round where ex-players come back to haunt you!

gavin

I think I may have woke your Mrs up anyway. My cheer in Spain when PSG scored could well have been audible in Australia.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

It was pretty obvious how Chelsea would play so Didnt tune in until the 80th minute. And from what iv seen the referee has been terrible!!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on March 11, 2015, 21:34:19
I think I may have woke your Mrs up anyway. My cheer in Spain when PSG scored could well have been audible in Australia.

I was wondering what the noise was! Thought it was the builders next door. It's all right Gav - she'd left for work by the time Luiz scored.

Rowley Birkin QC

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Its strange how the Chelsea players manage to stay on there feet now they need a goal....

silvablue

The cheating despicable Mourinho and his team of baby cheats finally exposed and disposed off by a team playing decent football.

An average Chelsea dumped out of CL. I love it.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

silvablue

gavin

Great stuff and with 10 men. Would love to see a City PSG final. That would really annoy UEFA.

goat

silvablue

When we look how far PSG have come we have no excuse.

No surprise Neville lauded Chelsea cheating to get PSG down to 10 men.

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm still chuckling to myself.

Just seen my first replay of the Ibrahimovic sending off. Not exactly 'studs showing' was it? If anything he looked to be trying to pull out of it.

bluebrendan

Not seen any of the game but fuck off Mourinho! :-D

gavin

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 11, 2015, 22:25:37
I'm still chuckling to myself.

Just seen my first replay of the Ibrahimovic sending off. Not exactly 'studs showing' was it? If anything he looked to be trying to pull out of it.

Harsh indeed but Mourinho even before the game and their players after the incident called it for the ref.

I wish we took corners like PSG.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What Souness said...

Jamie Carragher has slammed the reaction of Chelsea's players after PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off at Stamford Bridge.

The visitors were reduced to 10 men when their star player Ibrahimovic was sent off in the 31st minute of the second leg of their last-16 Champions League clash after tangling with Chelsea forward Oscar as they both lunged for the ball.

Sky Sports pundit Carragher, speaking at half-time, was heavily critical of the Chelsea players for their reaction to Ibrahimovic’s challenge as they appealed to the referee for the Swede to be punished.

And he also felt Blues manager Jose Mourinho’s pre-match comments about PSG’s aggressive approach in the first leg had played a part in Dutch official Bjorn Kuipers’ decision.

Carragher said: “The sending off is very unfortunate. It’s not a red card.

“Zlatan is actually trying to pull his foot away. You look at it and Oscar’s (foot) is as high as his, if not higher, and if the referee is the other side maybe he would look at Oscar and give the decision the other way.

“The reaction from the Chelsea players is disgraceful and it’s sad. It’s something that’s coming into the game and it comes from Jose Mourinho’s teams. They have this reaction, it’s not a one-off.

“Maybe what he’s said beforehand in the press conference has gone into the referee's head.

“I always think with Jose Mourinho’s teams, they will always be respected but they will never be loved because of situations like this. They take winning to a level that no other team or manager does

“You see the reaction of some of the players and it has definitely played a part â€" and Mourinho’s words have worked.”

Fellow pundit Graeme Souness added: “We had a great game of football going on there and it saddens me, and makes me angry at the same time, that gamesmanship is deciding these big games.

“It’s not a sending off, it is Oscar’s studs that are high. This has spoiled the game. It’s not about the best team winning it any more.

“If that’s what our game is coming to we need to sort it out and sort it out quickly.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9754516/chelsea-players-blasted-by-jamie-carragher-over-ibrahimovic-red-card

bry the guy

Quote from: gavin on March 11, 2015, 22:20:53
Great stuff and with 10 men. Would love to see a City PSG final. That would really annoy UEFA.
UEFA i bet would make shure that wont happen by getting us to play each other in the next round big IF  we beat Barca.

City Slicker

What stands out a mile now we are into the knockout stages is just how quick all the foreign teams move the ball about. Then there is us and to a slightly lesser extent the chavs who are now out.

For whatever reason, the English teams have become almost too methodical in their build up play.

bry the guy

Even with non English managers why do you think that is?

Stephen Paul

Surely you mean non British managers

Tricky Trev

It's always nice seeing surrounding and intimidating the ref getting some attention. I just wonder why we've heard feck all about the cheating scum neighbor. They've been doing and perfecting this for years.

goat

just watching that bayern game, how good is that muller...lad never seems to get enough credit