News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Porto

Started by gavin, October 21, 2020, 19:05:03

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

STARTING XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias, Garcia, Cancelo, Gundogan, Rodrigo, Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling (C), Aguero

SUBS | Steffen, Carson, Stones, Zinchenko, Torres, Fernandinho, Foden, Nmecha, Doyle, Harwood-Bellis, Palmer, Bernabe

Wonder where Ake is. Not impressed with Garcia playing.

Stephen Paul

Alot of changes again

KunDB

I’d let Garcia rot on the bench.

lee

Garcia is last.Cant see what all the fuss is about.
Midlfield looks lost..Get Phil on.

gavin

Poor first half. Pep has his work cut out at half time. Can't be long before changes at this rate. So much for the defence being sorted. Just as bad as ever. Doesn't help Ake going missing but still it has been as dodgy as ever at the back.

Kilkenny Blue

Walker playing a stormer yet again!  Cancelo is shite. 

Paddy

Lucky we are not trailing, Utter crap. How many time has Aquero touched the ball. Pep quoted in the Daily Mirror today: City can win the champs league. Not in a million Sundays. Pep needs to change tactics or ship out....

Swiss

Ake has a groin strain, which is why he isn't in the squad.

Porto diving everywhere, but thankfully they have Pepe, he's worth a pen or a red card a game.

We're the product of our own downful. Giving the ball away in dangerous positions and getting wound up by their diving.

Doesn't help when the ref books our players for nothing like Bernie's

Swiss

That LB were linked from Ajax (Tagliafico) has just scored an OG to pit LFC 0-1 up

Kilkenny Blue

need to get Cancelo off

Kilkenny Blue

...that's more like it

gavin

Good win in the end. Better second half, they were never really in it. Hopefully, we can keep winning like that until we build strength at the back.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on October 21, 2020, 21:21:21
need to get Cancelo off

Thats a familiar quote these days

Stephen Paul

Walker bang on form this season

Paddy

Happy we were able to turn it around. Not happy with the overall performance. Aquero still not fit, shouldn't have kept him so long, i agree with the run out but he was only a passenger. Decent subs later but they should have been on from the start. Fernindino needs to put out to grass; exceptional player but his legs have long gone and why play Diaz, he doesn't want to be here and he proved it last night...

The Blue Blooded Maniac

We did look miles better in the second half. Hopefully Pep will see that and it will influence his selection going forward. Obviously!

Swiss

Paddy, think you mean Garcia there.

Ake had a groin strain.
Laporte still recovering.

Left with either Garcia, Stones or Taylor.

My take on the match was that it was difficult. Porto were diving all over the place and stopping open play. Obviously missing KDB as our main creative influence in the centre.

Walker had a cracking match.
Torres could be a great signing, needs a bit of time to bed in.
2 major defensive f ups. Dias giving the ball away, but it was our inability to cope with that. And Ederson misplaced pass that almost resulted in a goal.

Pep said in a brief that Porto went extra defensive, which is unusual for them. This was prob why we were a bit more defensive in the 1st half.

On the whole, first champs match done. 3 points.

KunDB

Aguero needs 6 games after injury to get up to speed we should all know that by now.

Dias despite the error looks good and solid just reds time to settle in.

Torres and Foden excite me for our future.

lee

Quote from: Paddy on October 22, 2020, 11:05:37
Happy we were able to turn it around. Not happy with the overall performance. Aquero still not fit, shouldn't have kept him so long, i agree with the run out but he was only a passenger. Decent subs later but they should have been on from the start. Fernindino needs to put out to grass; exceptional player but his legs have long gone and why play Diaz, he doesn't want to be here and he proved it last night...

Sergio needs the run out to get match fit..It will come in the coming weeks

bluebrendan

Shocking first half, giving the ball away cheaply, and if I see Cancelo at LB again I may have to switch off to avoid chucking things around. Second half was better, good cameos from Foden and Torres.

Hesperus

Good result in the end and that’s all that matters at the moment.  First half was pretty iffy, I’m never happy seeing Rodri and Gundogan in the same midfield. Second half better, good goal from Torres and we deserved the win.

Amazed we got to the end of the game with all our players still on the pitch. The yellow cards the ref was dishing out us was ridiculous.

Injuries not looking good for though. Fernandinho confirmed out for 4-6 weeks. 🙁

Neil Mcnab

Torres looks class, he gives us the threat of pace as well. Dinho did not look right before he got injured. Dont see him figuring much this season. If their players had any excuse to roll about on the floor, they took it. Like a continental team of old. A win, move on.

Swiss

End of last season, Cancelo did really well at LB.