News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini and the predictable press speculation

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, March 03, 2015, 11:30:56

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

clevblue

Carlo's family produce the best Parmiggiano in Italy. I find his errant eyebrow a little distracting, but If Pelle has to go I'd live with it

Neil Mcnab

Ancelloti is the choice for the owners, because of his chumps league record. Unless RM bin him off he isnt joining us. Same for Guardiola, unless BM sack him, he isnt pitching up either. Klopp, possible, if he came in would be good.
Simeone is our next manager.  I think he can take us forward, for many years. His coming in would no doubt keep our best player happy and OK to stay with us.

goat

its funny weve become ok with binning a manager thats won the league in his first season, not that long ago we were happy for any fucker that could keep us up. wondering who the first city manager to be sacked after winning the champs league will be

Ludo

Probably hasn't been born yet.

Perhaps we have become a little complacent with our recent modicum of success but if Pellegrini goes go then we'll have replaced two managers that have won the league, both by the skin of our teeth, but have failed to follow that up with any degree of further success.

Maybe some of our failings and down to the transfer policy of Soriano, Begiristain and our scouting network ( I can only assume Stevie Wonder scouted Fernando) but whoever or whatever is at fault it shouldn't be. With the resources we've had available we should at least be more consistent and certainly more competitive in Europe.

Zabba

Lets hope Pelle gets a grip of these players and shakes the lazy complacent attitude out of them.

I would much prefer he stayed and we played the premium quality football we have seen under him (pre Christmas run) than start all over again with a new manager.

Pelle needs to change a little as well and be more adaptable on tactics.

I cannot decide if Pelle, as I desperately hope, is actually cracking a big whip as a warning to the players or is he simply resting players for a last charge of the light brigade at the Nou Camp in a last ditch attempt to save his job.

One thing I am certain about, we are no better placed now than we were under Mancini.

goat

Quote from: Ludo on March 06, 2015, 10:08:41

Perhaps we have become a little complacent with our recent modicum of success but if Pellegrini goes go then we'll have replaced two managers that have won the league, both by the skin of our teeth, but have failed to follow that up with any degree of further success.

aye, its as if the league needed a season to work both of them out and neither had a real plan b the next year

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 06, 2015, 00:29:27
Ancelloti is the choice for the owners, because of his chumps league record. Unless RM bin him off he isnt joining us.

Well, maybe Real Madrid are binning him off? They have given no indication of any forthcoming contract extension negotiations, and as Ancelotti enters the last 12 months of his contract they are leaving things a little late. Both club and manager have been silent on the matter (in spite of the question being raised in the Spanish media). Still time yet for Real Madrid to lock him in of course, but I wouldn't write off the possibility of Ancelotti coming to City just yet. 

I agree with you though - Simeone's name will almost certainly be in the mix when the time comes. 

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on March 06, 2015, 11:31:30

aye, its as if the league needed a season to work both of them out and neither had a real plan b the next year

I think the problem - from the the City high-up's perspective (and perhaps the fans as well) - is that the first fantastic Championship win under Mancini, as dramatic and exciting as it was, should have been quickly followed up with another - but won by a margin that clearly demonstrated City were the dominant club in the league.

This hasn't happened.

We meekly surrendered our first Championship (of the modern era) to average opposition; we won the next one but again only just scrapped it; and now we look as if we will bottle our defence of it again. Considering the resources available this is unacceptable. Or at least that will be the view of the City high-ups (although a legitimate counter argument might suggest the high-up's lousy speculations in the transfer market have done as much to stuff things up as any errors made by the managers).

clevblue

Quote from: Zabba on March 06, 2015, 10:14:46

I would much prefer he stayed and we played the premium quality football we have seen under him (pre Christmas run) than start all over again with a new manager.

That's what I hope to see, fingers crossed!

come on Pelle, put a stop to this kind of shit:-

""Brendan Rodgers has effectively ruled himself out of the running for the Manchester City manager's job by insisting that he wants to stay at Liverpool for the long term.""

I don't know what to say, I really don't ;)

Hesperus

I personally don't think Pellegrini's football is that good even when we are playing well. I prefer the high intensity pressing game that the successful modern teams play. Don't get me wrong some of the football under Pellegrini has been sublime but even in those games we still seem very open in defence. If we come up against teams that park the bus or press us hard we invariably struggle and given the quality we have in our squad that really shouldn't happen as often as it does.  I do not believe Pellegini has the quality to take us further, same as Mancini. I have a feeling under say Ancelotti that the football would be the same as under Pellegrini.  I haven't seen his teams play the high insensity game that I personally want to see, but I haven't been following Ancelottis teams that much so could be very wrong.  I want to watch the football Guardiola teams play but getting him may be impossible, Klopp or Simione play a similar style but both of those would be risk. It's a tough one for sure but as I've said previously I don't think Pellegini can take us any further and the director of football needs to be scrutinised too because his signings have been very suspect.

Neil Mcnab

Maybe some of our failings and down to the transfer policy of Soriano, Begiristain and our scouting network ( I can only assume Stevie Wonder scouted Fernando) but whoever or whatever is at fault it shouldn't be. With the resources we've had available we should at least be more consistent and certainly more competitive in Europe.
Burgerstain needs to go, the players in recently have not been good enough. Their big ticket transfer fees and wages are not deserved. Need to get someone in from Southampton, they seem to know what they are doing.

goat

why did he leave barcelona anyway, they dont seem to be missing him

andy1966

"Pellers has 12 games to save his City career, according to the media scribblers and fortune tellers."
Burnley 1 - 0 City unforgivable !
He's Toast !
"

Ludo

Swiss

For me its the style of play which means he's gone.

No fight, surrendering the middle and the long ball game.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: andy1966 on March 14, 2015, 20:05:06
"Pellers has 12 games to save his City career, according to the media scribblers and fortune tellers."
Burnley 1 - 0 City unforgivable !
He's Toast !
"

Yes andy - he's fallen at the first hurdle (and the lowest hurdle at that)