News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Clarets v City

Started by 93:2012, March 14, 2015, 16:35:33

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Come on City lets see a good unified team performance built on a solid defence.

Starting eleven - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero

Subs -  Caballero, Mangala, Sagna, Nasri, Lampard, Bony, Jovetic

Mangala on bench, musical chairs at back continues.

Bony benched, for inferior and lazy Dzeko.

Clearly this will be the Barcelona starting 11.

silvablue

Arsenal 2 up and moving to within a point of us and Utd with a chance of closing within 2 if they win and we lose; so c'mon City let's strut our stuff.

Ludo

Lekos

Lekos

silvablue

We are playing alright but just lacking confidence and purpose at critical moments.

Ludo

goat

Lekos

Lekos

Barca away's going to be fun to watch

silvablue

We need to turn their defence and stop playing in front of them. An odd chipped ball over the deir defence, a fast ground ball behind them or get to bye line fast.

Lekos

We've been needing to do that for a good few months

Ludo

Yaya'll be on in the second half.

Lekos

Haha.

Really don't like watching City games at the moment.  Slow, boring, clumsy, shite.

goat

gavin

We really have to do better than this.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What is this shite at all

Lekos

silvablue

Bony must be loving this watching Dzeko.

Ludo

Lekos

Yes we did.  Just absolute shite

silvablue

Zabba was laughed at for saying top 4 spot could be at risk, fear he could be right if this is how we perform week in week out.

goat

i cant even be arsed to try and defend dzeko anymore. we got goals out of him, he pretty much won us the league but he can fuck off now

We are all to predictable and lacking up front. How often does Dzeko have to perform woefully before he gets dropped?

I bet Barca will be bricking it when they watch this game during their preparations for the CL return game.

goat

silva off jovetic on

night all

gavin

This is beyond garbage. It could very likely be that we get a single point from two games with Burnley. Even if we do manage to scrape something from this game it has been another shameful performance.

silvablue

Good thinking Pelle take off Merlin and bring on Jovetic to save us ignoring the fact you pissed all over him in the CL?

Should work a treat.

gavin

Wow their keeper just made a save.

silvablue

Quote from: gavin on March 14, 2015, 19:01:19
This is beyond garbage. It could very likely be that we get a single point from two games with Burnley. Even if we do manage to scrape something from this game it has been another shameful performance.

It has been garbage more often than not this season sadly.

silvablue

Was just about to say time for Lampard wild card to be played. OMG this man is clueless.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I can't help but think that at some point the likes of aguero and Silva will think fuck this iv had enough and leave

gavin

They've had our best chances and missed them so must take their share of the responsibility today.

silvablue

Do not worry Pelle will say "The league is not won until it is won we are still in it".

Joe will say we are a great team and we can trash Barcelona in the Nou Camp, that is why we were saving ourselves today"

Siiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: gavin on March 14, 2015, 19:14:31
They've had our best chances and missed them so must take their share of the responsibility today.

True DAT gav!

silvablue

We played ok at start but lacking commitment and cutting edge up front. We seem to be lacking real cohesion. I think players are working for each other but the plan is just poor; the setup employed by Pelle. The more it is criticised the more he digs his heels in and carry's on with it.

So Nou Camp 442 it will, suicidal as it is, be.

Neil Mcnab

Only one team looked desperate to win, to give 100%, to chase lost causes. A poor performance against Barca and the owners will have a decision to make.

silvablue

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 14, 2015, 19:33:13
Only one team looked desperate to win, to give 100%, to chase lost causes. A poor performance against Barca and the owners will have a decision to make.

Exactly but the decision will not be hard only question is will the barca boys go to and how many players need cleared out. Start afresh.

silvablue

Truth is we have been found out. Time and time again we have pissed around putting in half-hearted performances then panicked ans our class has saved us. Now teams know keep working hard, keep pressing us and we panic and crack. Our plan A is our only plan, play through them and walk the ball into the net.

andy1966

Fucking Bony another one boards the gravy train for an easy ride , wouldn't be surprised if he's moved on at a loss in the summer

Hesperus

Oh dear, something has gone seriously wrong since Christmas. We are playing like Pellegini has lost the dressing room.

Swiss

We're playing like a bloody long ball team!

Rowley Birkin QC

This City team looks dead in the water. No drive, no urgency. Broken.

It speaks volumes when Boyd puts in a better showing than any of our players can manage across the 90 minutes - and he cost Burnley a rumoured 3 million from that power house of world football, Hull...

I can't add much to what silvablue said here -

Quote from: silvablue on March 14, 2015, 19:44:46
Truth is we have been found out. Time and time again we have pissed around putting in half-hearted performances then panicked ans our class has saved us. Now teams know keep working hard, keep pressing us and we panic and crack. Our plan A is our only plan, play through them and walk the ball into the net.

But respectfully disagree with him here though -

Quote from: silvablue on March 14, 2015, 19:25:57
I think players are working for each other...   

To my eyes that's exactly what isn't happening. Our movement off the ball is almost none existent and too often our players across the back and the middle have to opt for the safe, short, lateral pass or back pass - often repeating it with the same team-mate backwards and forwards - because there are simply no other options to pass forward available. Doesn't help with Yaya jogging everywhere. There were times last night that I thought Fernandinho looked poor because he was constantly having to cover for Yaya's lack of effort. You can always tell when our midfield is in trouble when you see Aguero dropping deep to look for the ball.

So - the question is - who's to blame? I think there's a raft of suspects, not just the increasingly bewildered looking Pellegrini.

silvablue

Yes I accept what you say Rowley Birkin QC. They are working nowhere near as hard as they should be and we are most times pedestrian up front.

I think some players have just given up as they know there is no point anymore in making telling runs unless it is Silva on the ball the pass will just not come. I guess what I was trying to say was I do not think it is a matter of players falling out with each other, more losing belief and confidence and poor leadership from the manager.

Rowley Birkin QC

It looks that way doesn't it? Some are still trying - Aguero and Silva - and whatever his other faults Navas puts a shift in. But you know something is not right when the likes of Zabaleta look flat. Fernandinho looks half the player he was last season.

My beef with the players is they are highly paid professional athletes and they shouldn't be just "giving up" - even if they're not happy with the system or the manager. That's not an excuse for not trying. If nothing else they should be doing their best for their teamates and personal pride... not to mention the fans...

But I agree with you, the self belief and confidence look to have disappeared - and that could well be down to poor (or perhaps confused?) leadership.

goat

Quote from: Durk on March 14, 2015, 19:10:29
I can't help but think that at some point the likes of aguero and Silva will think fuck this iv had enough and leave

i would be more worried about shakey having enough of the ballache and sacking it all off. he could easily buy a club in less of a shithole or sack football altogether. aye he spent a load tarting the place up but he could probably write that off

KunDB

After the Liverpool humiliation Lekos and Hesperus said in response to my fears on a top 4 place:

Lekos
I'd say league may well be done, dropping out of the top four is pushing it a bit. Can't see that happening.

Hesperus
I think we'll stumble through to the end of the season but will still finish in the top 4.

I wonder do they still feel that and how many on here have confidence we will finish top 4 never mind top 2. I for one have serious doubts now and even if we do 4th is our most likely finish on this form and we will probably lose the qualifier.

Lekos

No, I don't feel that now. I feel we're shite. I'm not as confident of top 4 (wouldn't bet my left testicle) but then I'm not a negative person. I think we'll finish top 3, but we'll be hating most of the 9 remaining games.

I'll be fucking fuming if we lose to that red shite who have been abysmal all season.

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on March 15, 2015, 18:50:02
No, I don't feel that now. I feel we're shite. I'm not as confident of top 4 (wouldn't bet my left testicle) but then I'm not a negative person. I think we'll finish top 3, but we'll be hating most of the 9 remaining games.

I'll be fucking fuming if we lose to that red shite who have been abysmal all season.

It is unforgiveable if this team underperforms a poor Utd team, yet again. Sack all the lazy ones in the team and fine them for being lazy and pathetic spoilt brats.

I am fuming at the thought as well.

Ludo

Watching that game yesterday made me realise that all of Yaya's exceptionally great moments in a City shirt are worth fuck all after a performance like that.

Hesperus

I still think we'll finish top 4 but it may be tight because we are not functioning as a team at the moment. if we do fall out of the top 4 at any point then Pellegini may be out sooner rather than later with Viera put in tempory charge.

Rowley Birkin QC

I don't think a top four finish is much in doubt (Liverpool have a bit too much catching up to do), but I could see us finishing fourth if our form continues on like this.

Paul lakes knee

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 15, 2015, 21:45:12
I don't think a top four finish is much in doubt (Liverpool have a bit too much catching up to do), but I could see us finishing fourth if our form continues on like this.

I would be really disappointed if we did not finish top 4, but a win tonight and Liverpool will be within 4 points of us which is too close for comfort.

Utd have a very challenging run in so they are the most likely to finish 5th and miss out, not Liverpool.

silvablue

The verdict of our tormentor George Boyd.

“City have some great players, there’s no doubt about that, they can cut you open in a second but if you press them and get in their faces they don’t really like it. If you tackle them hard and play a few long balls you find they are not used to it. We just played to our strengths, and they are unfamiliar with that sort of game. You saw it recently at Liverpool, they don’t track back as well as they should and we knew we could exploit that. Liverpool got behind them quite easily.”

Ludo

We can see that, other teams can see that; why the fuck can't Pellegrini see it?

bluebrendan

Boyd is more familiar with spitting in their faces.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Zabba on March 16, 2015, 16:20:54
Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 15, 2015, 21:45:12

I would be really disappointed if we did not finish top 4, but a win tonight and Liverpool will be within 4 points of us which is too close for comfort.

Utd have a very challenging run in so they are the most likely to finish 5th and miss out, not Liverpool.

You keep talking Liverpool up if you like, but I am yet to be convinced. They've just scraped past Swansea on the back of a fortuitous goal. If they beat the rags next weekend, fair enough, they're in with a shout of top four - but we'll see...

KunDB

The next two games might find them out and bring their run to a shuttering stop. Utd and Arsenal home and away. The distraction of an FA Cup might also hinder them a bit.

That said I still feel the rags have a much harder run in than Liverpool. Our run in could be worse, all in all it is not too bad and a slight bit easier on paper than Arsenal's.