News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Next manager then

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, March 16, 2015, 10:28:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The main candidates

Ancelotti - won everything wherever he's been and has the PL experience as well. Would piss the cockneys off n all.

Klopp - I doubt he would leave Dortmund in the shit and will want to take them back up to challenging Bayern again before he leaves.

Simeone - probably can throw together another league winning team and may feel he has unfinished business with the European cup. Will want to honour his contract as well which runs u til 2017 I believe.

Guardiola - has won everything at Bayern and maybe getting a bit bored now. Has previously said he wants to work in England but was always fancied to go to the rags.

Le Blanc - like Alexi said at some point he's losing a one team league and ex rag.

McCarthy - be a laugh.

Allardyce - said a few years ago that he's destined to be a top European manager.

Lekos

Got to be Ancelotti for me.  Proven, experienced manager, knows the Premier League.  Hands down no contest.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I agree. He has the capacity to get us 'up there' with the top boys of Europe. But I think Pep may still be a good shout with our Barca boys connections.

goat

more chance of you than pep

i say gattuso gets turned down by oldham and gets the city job

bry the guy

Gus hidink or even give Viera a go for the last ten games.

goat

stuart pearce?

they need to break the bank for a top name manager, as good as pelle is he is not really shit your pants wowness is he. to be fair any of us could manage real madrid, just need to make sure ronaldo and bale start and say yes mr mad bastard owner, 10 upfront sounds a great idea

id go all out for klopp, hes done it a bit longer than simeone and plays the type of football we were promised

goat

Quote from: Durk on March 16, 2015, 10:28:20

Le Blanc - like Alexi said at some point he's losing a one team league and ex rag.

and beat chelsea to get further than city in europe

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Let's get whoever Porto's manager

goat

must have been fernando, only way that twot got a game

Julen Lopetegui apparently

former spain u19, u20, u21 manager

Lekos

Quote from: goat on March 16, 2015, 13:20:44
Quote from: Durk on March 16, 2015, 10:28:20

and beat chelsea to get further than city in europe

We've also drawn with Chelsea home and away this season.  May as well stick with Pellegrini then.

goat

but im guessing the arabs want some kind of progress in europe by now

dont sulk because nobody wants your hairy mate from the kebab house to take over

she will get her chance

KunDB

Mancini

Payback for this lazy bunch of egotists. I would love to see their faces if he came back to dish out retribution (without love or sympathy).

The Daily Star (yes I know) was linking us with Benitez calling him the favourite. How many times does a manager have to fail before owners catch on, he would be a disaster tinker man out tinker man in better to keep Pelle at least he has personality.

Ludo

I wouldn't be too upset if Rafa took over. He's at least got a good record in Europe with 3 trophies.

reddishblue

Where the fuck did ITV get Reidy's suit from?

bluebrendan

Did Trevor Morley cut Bish's hair??

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

cross dick advocaat off your lists for now

Leewonpen

What about another Nederlander.......Koeman ?

goat

wouldnt that be a similar boat we are in now? a manager thats not really done a lot expected to win champs league in a couple of seasons

hiddink still around?

Neil Mcnab

Keeping Aguero with us is massive to any progress. Simeone would be sure to do that, along with perhaps helping to bring in Koke. I also guess Simeone will not put up with tulips who cant be arsed putting a shift in.

Ancellotti, he can only think coming to us is a step down. Will he still have the hunger, or would it be another large paycheck, where if it goes wrong, move on to another large paycheck, not forgetting the golden goodbye.

Koeman has not put a foot wrong, yet. He is ready for a bigger club http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/431222/Ronald-Koeman-Southampton. Its a gamble.
He is touting for the job http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/03/17/9904862/-?

We have a good squad, but getting the right replacement for Toure will give the new manager a decent chance of success.

Ludo

I'm not sure that bringing in a manager with the pedigree of Ancelotti could by considered a step down.

Lekos

I think he means for him, not us  ;)

Rowley Birkin QC

Koeman claims he's in regular contact with Txiki Begiristain

(Probably to pull Txiki's chain about his rubbish signings...)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/564498/Ronald-Koeman-Manchester-City-Southampton-Manuel-Pellegrini-job

Ludo

Quote from: Lekos on March 18, 2015, 08:29:32
I think he means for him, not us  ;)

You're right, I just noticed that :)

goat

koeman has already managed a bigger club and had a go in a better league but somehow went backwards a few times with clubs like az

no idea what happened there

Ludo

Not sure that any of theclubshes managed are any bigger than City are now or the leagues any better but he may not be a bad shout if he can keep Southampton in touch for Europe.

He plays a attractive style of football and the Saints certainly have abetterwork ethic than we seem to.

goat

Ludo

I wouldn't consider Ajax then bigger than city are now, and a poor year at Valencia in a league that in reality only has two and a half teams hardly counts

goat

well 4 or 5 european cups compared to 0
city are richer than ajax can give them that and dont forget the lesson in football they gave city the other year

they may have only about 2 teams but so does england now

Ludo

Yeah, but three of those were in the 70's long before Koeman was the manager. Even forest have won two but I wouldn't consider them a bigger club than City.

goat

well, what do you use to work out the size of a club if you dont count winning the biggest cup?

lets be honest, city have done little to be classed as big, they still only have one more championship than blackburn in the premier years

Ludo

I suppose 'size' is an accusation of a lot of factors; success, wealth, fan base and possibly perception.

As I said smaller clubs, by any measure, have won the European Cup but my point is that at the time Koeman was Ajax manager they probably weren't as 'big' a club as city are now.

goat

fair enough, would still prefer a " been there and done it" manager instead tho when it comes to europe

of all the names so far carlo is probably best bet

Ludo

I agree but the list of those is small and probably getting smaller

KunDB

Players must go starting with Yaya and then Nasri and then more.

The shite barca 11 mentality must go and the manager must be allowed to manage, not just be a coach.

Ferrano and Txixi must go as they have failed mega and have picked transfer targets which gave failed mega as well.

Leewonpen

Doubt that they will sack both the CEO AND the DoF........"recruitment strategy" sits with DoF I believe so can see the case for Txiki going. The CEO has overseen a massive improvement in the financial state of the business (revenues/commercial performance/CFG) so can't see him losing his position unless he decides to walk.

Agree with Yaya/Nasri sentiments though.

Swiss

I doubt txiki will go, not this season anyway.
Foreign players have always been hit and miss in this league. Look at Shevchenko!

Ancelotti would be good for me... but I'd love to see a German or pep... so someone in the German league then :-D or the current barce guy.
How about Klinsmann :-D

chocovla

Quote from: goat on March 18, 2015, 14:39:27
koeman has already managed a bigger club and had a go in a better league but somehow went backwards a few times with clubs like az

no idea what happened there

Think he crashed at Valencia and had to rebuild his reputation with Vitesse and Feyenoord. Looked like the Valencia job back then came a little bit too early.

clevblue

Ronald Koeman? Wasn't he Bulldog Drummond? Salford lad, probably a rag.

Rowley Birkin QC

Simeone has apparently just decided to extend his contract with Atletico until 2020!

If true - that's a big contract and will most likely put him out of any City contention.

More rumours circulating about Ancelotti today, but nothing substantial.

KunDB

I could not see Simeone fitting the profile the top boys at City would be looking for in our next manager. He has more Mourinho characteristics than those of Pellegrini.

I think Ancelotti could be a potential Pellegrini replacement; unless RM deliver silverware this season in which case he will stay put.

Leewonpen

Maybe the next manager is a year away?

Rowley Birkin QC

Quite possibly. This is all starting to get a familiar 'City' feel about it.

I would not be at all surprised if we get to the summer and then discover none of our preferred managerial targets are either available or want to come. At which point the City high-ups will have a tricky decision to make... and we most likely get Pellers for another year.

Still, that would be a better outcome than we'd have got in the bad old days - when by now, we would have already sacked Pellers, promised the fans the earth, only to then discover none of our preferred managerial targets are available - and around late July we decide to 'make do' with Alan Ball or Frank Clark instead. 

Stephen Paul

the engineer might be around for a bit yet

Rowley Birkin QC

Jason Burt at the Torygraph is often well informed and here he claims "senior sources" at City as a basis for this article -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11502237/Manchester-City-manager-Manuel-Pellegrinis-job-is-safe.html

So it seems we'll be sticking with Pellers - unless the last eight matches are "catastrophic" and/or the unlikely event that Guardiola becomes available. Ancelotti not in the running according to this.

The last paragraph contains the first acknowledgement I have seen in the mainstream football media that Txiki Begiristain's performance in the transfer market will come under scrutiny at City's end of season review.

Rowley Birkin QC

KunDB

He may or may not have inside information but either way it is logical and makes sense.

We need to stop buying badly and start getting it right more often than we get it wrong. Look at the quality players we missed out on, e.g. Isco and could have got. We are performing very poorly and ill informed in the transfer market.

Time for change of our transfer 'system' as a minimum.

gavin

Recruitment hasn't been inspiring. However, we should be a lot better than we are with the players that we have in both defence and attack. It could be argued that appointing Pellers has been Txiki's biggest mistake.