News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Barca v City Champions League Thread

Started by 93:2012, March 18, 2015, 19:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

One up front wow better late than never.

Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Kolarov,        Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Silva,          Aguero

Caballero, Zabaleta, Lampard, Fernando, Bony, Navas, Dzeko

Come on City show what we can do and save Pelle.

Lekos

Current form:

Barca:  W W W W W L W W W W W W

City:     L W L L W W D D L W D D

It's going to need a miracle and Yaya to bother moving.

goat

Quote from: Lekos on March 18, 2015, 19:23:28
Current form:

Barca:  W W W W W L W W W W W W

City:     L W L L W W D D L W D D

It's going to need a miracle and Yaya to bother moving.

two miracles at least
and yaya to be fucked to move which counts as a third

goat

jesus christ, its like the joey deacon allstars

Neil Mcnab

Toure lazy, lazy, lazy. Even Nasri is chasing back, Toure just ambling back as if its all nothing to do with him.

Rowley Birkin QC

KunDB

Miracle one used already inside post roll along goal line.

goat

scary how far behind the english teams are

KunDB

Outclassed totally by a wonderful goal.

Bet Joe is saying keep calm we can still roll them over.

goat

barcelona do this weird thing i notice, when they get the ball they move it quickly to someone else. no wonder city are looking confused

KunDB

May the Lord have mercy on us - let Barcelona get bored toying with us and settle for 1 0.

KunDB

1o men (again) only a matter of time now.

Rowley Birkin QC

We're not doing THAT badly. Barca just have that little extra skill and understanding

goat

city are a mess at the back kenny, the way they are getting in each others way is shocking

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on March 18, 2015, 20:21:48
barcelona do this weird thing i notice, when they get the ball they move it quickly to someone else. no wonder city are looking confused

And when there players don't have the ball they......they.....they.....MOVE!!!!! :o

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on March 18, 2015, 20:26:36
city are a mess at the back kenny, the way they are getting in each others way is shocking

I took it as read that we rubbish at the back. A bit of composure going forward and we might still get something out of this

goat

they have not been as good as rubbish so far

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I wonder if any bookies is giving odds for messi to meg all our players. Well be shit odds anyway.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The plan is now long range shooting practice

KunDB

What a moral victory for City should have been 4 down at least and only 1 down, Championees, Championees, ole, ole.

I bet they are shelled shocked and fighting with each other in their dressing room while our guys are sipping champagne and celebrating.

Rowley Birkin QC

Still in this though (just...)

Need a few passes to stick - and perhaps a bit of luck. But oh dear - the defence...

Rowley Birkin QC

Tevez has scored a blinder in the other game

goat

ignoring sagna...like the barcelona players seem to be... its looking more and more that kompany is the weak link. obviously a bad season doesnt make him a bad player but what the fuck has happened to him

gavin

Not nearly good enough. Having a ref that books us for every slight foul doesn't help. Nasri's was stupid but the others were all a bit harsh. Barca are clearly a class team but given the investment in our squad the owner has a right to expect more from City. It is unrealistic to expect Barca not to create chances but it shouldn't look quite so easy and we should produce more going forward. Our corners have been utterly pointless again. Just what are we doing on the training pitch to improve them?

KunDB

I cannot wait to get shot of Yaaaaaa   yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Too tired to get up for this big game never mind ordinary games.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on March 18, 2015, 20:39:40
ignoring sagna...like the barcelona players seem to be... its looking more and more that kompany is the weak link. obviously a bad season doesnt make him a bad player but what the fuck has happened to him

He seems to enjoy bursting out the blocks and leaving his partner wide open. He's the only player in the team who manages to burst into a sprint, but for all the wrong reasons.

Lekos

Not even come close to scoring a goal and Barca could be 3 up.

Defence is a mess, players are standing one yard apart paying to each other. Ok, Barca are class, but this performance is all a bit shit. Heads went down massively as soon as they scored, but reality is we still need two goals. I think their brains are broken.

Lekos

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, the yellows are a worry. Nasri's well deserved, but the ref looked to be enjoying himself a little too much with the others.

KunDB

Kompany is Pellegrini's biggest achievement he has helped him become a run of the mill defender.

Swiss

I wish we'd stop lumping it up front... frustrating!

Got to have more protection down our right.

still in almost the same position, needing two goals... not sure where they're coming from though!

Oh and... still shit with 5 in the middle

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Lekos on March 18, 2015, 20:43:21
I think their brains are broken.

I think that's correct. We don't look as if we know what to do.

But we are still in it. Navas coming on for Nasri

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on March 18, 2015, 20:11:28
Miracle one used already inside post roll along goal line.

Messiah Jif clean kitchen wallpaper tooth smashed back doors in, upsie daisy effort cracking

silvablue

Silva's yellow was harsh but the others run of the mill playing in Europe against Barcelona.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Navas looks like billy Meridith the way he wears his shorts

Ludo

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I think he needs an eye test cos he can't seem to see any further than ten yards

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Fuck me even the keeper fancies his chances of a goal

Ludo

Quote from: Durk on March 18, 2015, 20:57:35
I think he needs an eye test cos he can't seem to see any further than ten yards
He can't walk ten yards

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Have no fear! Fernando's warming up!

Rowley Birkin QC

Lekos

Barca so tidy with the ball, even when clearing it out of defence under pressure.

Better this half, but that's probably because barca can't be arsed.

Lekos

Lekos

The Blue Blooded Maniac

anticipate
[an-tis-uh-peyt]
verb (used with object), anticipated, anticipating.
to realize beforehand; foretaste or foresee:
to anticipate pleasure.
to expect; look forward to; be sure of:
to anticipate a favorable decision.

Could someone forward this onto the players. Cheers.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

And Toure not to play again this season. Not that he has anyway.

clevblue

Nice try Bony, eatch where the goal is first though

Rowley Birkin QC

How many straight forward passes do we under hit? Drives me mad. These are supposed to be class players

clevblue

they know exactly what to do, Barca, and we are embarrassingly naive

Ludo

Why do we look so unfit?

I know we're chasing it a bit but half the time we're blowing out our arse.

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The Blue Blooded Maniac

goat

Lekos

Hart's had a good game. That's about it on the positive front.

Rowley Birkin QC

Hart brilliant - yes. Kicking still rubbish - we always lose possession

goat

Lekos

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 18, 2015, 21:35:05
Hart brilliant - yes. Kicking still rubbish - we always lose possession

Shouldn't be passing back to the keeper anyway in my opinion

Rowley Birkin QC

Indeed. There was a moment in the first half when we won a throw in the middle of the Barca half - and we decided to pass back to Hart. I nearly threw my breakfast at the TV

Hesperus

Still miles behind europes elite. Cant believe the powers that be at City aren't extremely disappointed at the lack of progress at this level after the expenditure on the squad.

goat

throw shitloads of cash at bayern and barcelona for half of their teams in the summer

gavin

If they'd have been near me I'd have thrown my breakfast, dinner and tea at the telly when we hit the first man with a corner in injury time. Obviously it would have been far too little too late but FFS Pellegrini should be sacked simply for the shitness of our corners and other dead balls.

Ludo

We're a team in need of real clear out.

But more importantly we need real quality in. No more Fernandos, no more Navas, no more Lampards

goat

to be fair lampard has done ok for a 40 year old

Neil Mcnab

Hart MOM. Messi reminded me of kinky in the first half. Perhaps the memory plays tricks. We are a long way short of Barca.

Two or or three world class players needed in the summer.

Most put a real shift in, a concern for the Baggies game?

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on March 18, 2015, 21:49:24
We're a team in need of real clear out.

But more importantly we need real quality in. No more Fernandos, no more Navas, no more Lampards

Yes a clear out is needed. Midfield much too lightweight. Lose Toure and Nasri and bring in physical presence and pace. That is were we need to start. Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas, Jovetic, and more are good but just not near good enough, they have to go but only if replaced with real quality.

Swiss

I'm starting to like Mangala, he's growing into the league. I'd rather get rid of clichy than kolarov. At least he offers something going forward!
We use nasti in the wrong position. He should be a false 10. But then so should dave. And Milner should be a central mid.

Navas we also don't use effectively. We need to draw out their lb and put the ball into space for him to run onto. Yes he does need a bit of cross practice. They are in him.

Not been impressed with sanga, ok not played much but I thought he was a liability last night.

Need a proper left winger with pace and a midfield general as we're leaderless there.

chocovla

Does make you wonder where last season's fast passing game has gone. During our good spell around Christmas last season we played a high tempo passing game while also pressing high up the pitch. Exactly what Barcelona did to us yesterday.

We looked slow, lumbering and star struck at times when confronted with Messi.