News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Liverpool

Started by KunDB, February 07, 2021, 16:03:16

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Dias, Stones, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling

Subs: Steffen, Jesus, Laporte, Torres, Mendy, Fernandinho, Garcia, Doyle, Bernabe

C’mon City C’mon Phil & Co.

gavin

No striker. Normally I'm against it but I've got a feeling its the right move today. I just don't think their makeshift defence will be able to deal with midfielders coming from everywhere.

KunDB

Second best at the moment and Zinchenko’s defending being seriously exposed.

Wake up guys.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Another appalling penalty. Let Ederson Thame them FFS. What have we to lose.

KunDB

First half we have been pretty pathetic. It seems we bottle every game at Anfield. Shadow of the team that has won 13 in a row. Passing and possession pretty poor.

Pep makes changes, kick ass in the break. We need big help not to lose this game.

Stephen Paul

They are definitely there for the taking

gavin

Poor first half indeed. However, we really should be one up. Our lads have been brilliant for us but it is a big frustration how they manage to make such a mess of penalties so consistently.

Stephen Paul

3 straight penalty misses at that shithole

Stephen Paul

KunDB

KunDB

This is a day I’ve dreamed of a very long time.

gavin

Lovely. The way City took advantage in that second half was brilliant. Yes, Allison made mistakes but you have to finish it off and City were ruthless. We put them under pressure and they crumbled.

lee

Foden

What a player he is. Absolutely brilliant.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Hesperus

Given our record at Anfield, even with our great form, I’d have been happy with a point.

Awesome result, Foden turning into some player.

lee

Wish the King could have seen that today.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 07, 2021, 18:44:32
Wish the King could have seen that today.

He saw that magic before passing away and he will have been mightily impressed.

Neil Mcnab

Over the blue moon, as the dippers like to say we smashed them. Foden and Gundog superb. Fodens goal was sublime. Need to do something about the penalty taker, as it will come back to bite us against stronger opposition..

Swiss

KunDB

Overnight reflections

That is one of the great City performances of all time and I am a City fan from the mid 50's 

We won 4 1, missed a penalty, had a John Stones goal ruled offside, Sterling missed another golden chance from a magnificent Phil Foden cross. It could easily have been 6 or 7 and that after a uncertain first half.

To miss the penalty and then score a brace shows the absolute steel and determination of Ilkay Gundogan, a winner through and through.

Despite one mistake from Ruben Dias, not clearing the ball, John Stones and Ruben Dias are absolute rocks at the back, as is Ederson Santana de Moraes. John Stones has come back from two years in the wilderness, what strength and courage. What leadership from Ruben at such a young age and did not let the mistake unsettle him.

Never was a penalty for Liverpool, another Mo Salah dive when he realised he had lost control of the ball (100% a cheat). Still we didn't crumble mentally and kept going at them. Compare that decision to last week when Gabriel Jesus against Burnley went down having had his foot kicked at full blast, no penalty VAR confirmed. Salah barely even had his arm tugged and went down like a brick. Cheater, I would be ashamed if a City player did the same.

Raheem Sterling absolutely terrified their defence with his pace, dribbling and determination. Cannot finish but can create and create havoc in the opposition all day long as he did yesterday against Liverpool.

Alex Zinchenko targeted by Klopp as a weakness and exposed a bit defensively but the will of a giant and the skills to boot and never gets rattled and keeps going and creating and passing effectively.

Rihad Mahrez not his greatest game and faded out second half, but his first touch is simply unrivaled in the game and is a handful for any team to defend against, usually requiring the defending team to double up against him like yesterday creating space for others.

Bernardo Silva weaving his magic and what a stunning chip over Becker to Sterling, not given the praise it deserved, and ran and created tirelessly all the game. He was outstanding

No Kevin DeBruyne for this game and weeks and weeks. the driving force of this team, yet every player has stepped up to fill the void. No Sergio Aguero all season, our cutting edge, and Gabriel Jesus out large parts of the season meaning we are playing without a recognised striker the vast majority of the season and a big part of this game. Came on for Mahrez and shone as always. Nathan Ake still out injured.

Joao Cancelo and Rodrigo Moreno Machado calm and collected and absolute rocks even if they were not at their sparkling shiny best.

Then just look at our bench, which included Fernandinho Luiz Roza, Aymeric Laporte, Ferran Torres and more.

Phil Foden 20, an amazing talent and had a sublime game which the whole world of football will have sat up and noticed. Just outshone Liverpool players and created two goals and scored an absolute cracker. Has come of age.

Despite the slow start we built to a crescendo and overwhelmed Liverpool totally causing meltdown and panic by Becker, their midfield and defence. Their lauded forward threesome were anonymous.

Thank you every City player, Pep and his management team and all the staff at City for a memorable performance that was sensational.

lee

Alexander Arnold likes to pick a fight when they are getting beat.He must be nuts to confront Eddie ;D

Gareth

I noticed that Raheem didn't seem too worried about the supposed convention that a player doesn't celebrate after scoring against his old team. In this particular case I was very pleased to see that...

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 08, 2021, 09:04:39
Alexander Arnold likes to pick a fight when they are getting beat.He must be nuts to confront Eddie ;D

I laughed at that, I bet Eddie said lets do it after the game.

bluebrendan

Quote from: lee on February 08, 2021, 09:04:39
I like to think that when Eddie is walking down the street everyone walking towards him crosses over.  :D

Swiss

Doesn't he like to do MMA?

Quote from: Gareth on February 08, 2021, 11:20:12
I noticed that Raheem didn't seem too worried about the supposed convention that a player doesn't celebrate after scoring against his old team. In this particular case I was very pleased to see that...

Given the way they treated him, I doubt if he'd piss on them if on fire

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: KunDB on February 08, 2021, 08:19:10
Overnight reflections
What leadership from Ruben at such a young age and did not let the mistake unsettle him.
Class act Dias, after celebrating with Foden his wonder goal, went to Jesus to make a point of congratulating him for the assist. So besides a superb player, reader of the game, a team player and a leader as well. Near future captain and at £61 million, unbelievably, a bargain.