News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Derby Game Thread

Started by KunDB, March 07, 2021, 15:31:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Beat by a very average team

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on March 07, 2021, 18:45:51
We want to start treating these games like they are a f*cking derby! Form goes out the window for derbies. Really bad result that against them and it’s not the first time either!

This  ::)  and we seemed oblivious to the fact that this was a must win game for the rag's, if they were to keep alive any remote chance of catching us for the title. I can well imagine what Solskjær's pre-match team talk was like, and I fully expected them to come at us hard from the kick off - and so it turned out. Form does indeed go out of the window in derbies, and it doesn't help if one of the teams is half asleep - plus an odd team selection I thought.

I don't necessarily agree with Stevie that this is an "average" rag team. The table doesn't lie - they're not too shabby. But we should be good enough to put them away, and this game seemed to highlight some on-going City issues - especially in the striker department. I desperately want the lad Jesus to succeed, but the nagging impression that he's not right for us continues.

lee