Author Topic: CL v Borussia Mönchengladbach  (Read 284 times)

stephenmcfc

• citymanc
  • I.T technician
Re: CL v Borussia Mönchengladbach
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 21:29:47 »
Onto to something special here,  playing so well

KunDB

• citymanc
  • True to their word.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 21:37:11 »
Aguuueeeerrrroooo

He is back

stephenmcfc

• citymanc
  • I.T technician
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 21:42:29 »
This could be special this season
Playing brilliant 👏

KunDB

• citymanc
  • True to their word.
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 21:51:52 »
That would have been an awful ending. Thank goodness for Ederson.

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 21:59:00 »
Another great win. But I'm going to complain anyway. Jesus needs telling that he is a striker. Never have I seen a striker look to pass three times when through on the keeper. Shocking. His all round play is great but once he gets in the box, he should be a striker. I'd like to have seen Sergio given a bit longer. What a beautiful back heel. Interesting to see him run with the ball immediately after coming on too. Pep always goes on about the ball doing the work being a key part of recent success. Sergio does what he wants.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 22:01:32 by gavin »

Swiss

• citymanc
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 22:07:48 »
Yar, cancelo motm. But Bernie put in a hell of a shift

Hesperus

• citymanc
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:01 »
Very controlling performance but I thought BMG played into our hands a bit. Poor tactics from them, it wasn’t working and they never changed it.

Agree with Gav on Jesus. I’ve never been a fan of him but he has improved this season however he’s still not a striker. He gets into the box and starts looking to pass rather than just take a shot. Would love him to come good though.

lee

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 10:17:44 »
Frustrating player Jesus.Same can be said of Sterling who always wants that extra touch and inevitably it turns to sawdust..Pull the trigger!!

Paddy

• citymanc
  • epos tec retired
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 11:36:34 »
I have said it before and I will say it again for those that cannot see or understand it: Jesus is not a striker and never will be                                                                                                                                                                                 

KunDB

• citymanc
  • True to their word.
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 16:06:23 »
I have said it before and I will say it again for those that cannot see or understand it: Jesus is not a striker and never will be                                                                                                                                                                                 

I disagree. We do not see the very best of him because of Pep's demand of every player to work hard for the team in all areas. Therefore, he cannot just act as a pure striker.