News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The quadruple

Started by Stephen Paul, March 14, 2021, 13:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Man City to win the 2020/21 Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup

9/1

Stephen Paul

Poor odds for achieving that

gavin

Very poor odds. It is still very long odds for me.I'd have us at more than 9 to win just the Chumps!

KunDB

Rubbish odds, only for suckers.

Everton were saving themselves in their PL weekend game for the City clash. Getting past them at Goodison Park will be an almighty task in irself.

The media love bringing this up, so they can shoot us down when we only do a treble or a dreadful failed double. A wasted opportunity they will call it, a failure. Saturday listening to BBC MOTD commentary on our game against Fulham they still spuriously managed to babble on about the price of our defenders and our bench. Anything to put City down, link it to (dirty) money.

Also talking about a quadruple (treble, double, single) before we have won anything smacks of Liverpool, Utd elist fan attitudes of celebrating winning things before they are won.

Paddy

Hate to be pessimistic but i don't think it is doable.....IMO

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Paddy on March 18, 2021, 08:55:00
Hate to be pessimistic but i don't think it is doable.....IMO

Its a tall order Paddy , difficult to achieve but at least we have a squad capable

Stephen Paul

Final league Cup
Semi final FA Cup
Premier league 1st
CL quarter finals

gavin

Long, long, long, long way to go.

I'd settle now for the Chumps and the league.

lee

Just winning the league is enough for me

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on March 22, 2021, 07:06:12
Just winning the league is enough for me
same here Lee , not into to Euro football as its so corrupt

silvablue

Chelsea be on for a CL & FA Cup double. Not much talk on that in media.

reddishblue

Quote from: silvablue on March 22, 2021, 13:03:48
Chelsea be on for a CL & FA Cup double. Not much talk on that in media.

Good point, I'll be happy with just the Premiership and the League Cup. There, I've said it.

KunDB

We need to double up on this win (below).

Tottenham to wear away kit in Carabao Cup Final after losing coin toss to Man City.

Stephen Paul

gavin

You'd still have to be insane to back us at that.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Save your quid. Trust me.

Stephen Paul

Aye , its almost impossible but let's see

Want the PL title back
Want to fuck Spuds over in the cup
FA Cup would be nice
Champions league,  not bothered at all

KunDB

Hate it as I do I still want City to win the CL. Like it or not it will put City on a different level all together. Second on my list of want to win every season after the Premier League which is the real test of the best team. CL is hit and miss as it is a knockout cup and winning or losing it therefore can depend on a team having a good or bad day.

PL champions 3 out of the last 4 seasons says it all really.

Paddy

Was at Wembly with my Son for the last time we met Chelsea. Good result, hoping for the same or better this time, Unfortunately, due to illness will not be able to be there. We will win !!!