News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Baggies Thread

Started by 93:2012, March 21, 2015, 11:53:27

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Starting 11 - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Mangala, Clichy, Navas, Fernando, Lampard, Silva, Bony, Aguero

Subs -  Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Milner, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Dzeko

Come on time for the real City to find their feet again.

No Yaya or Milner both meant to be injured but Milner on bench?

Fernandinho on bench?

Lampard starting instead of injured Yaya, is that the best midfield replacement we can field, oh dear?

Mangala reinstated Demichellis benched.

Navas back in, Fernando back in (why?).

silvablue

Seven changes from Barca starting 11.

Pissing around with centre back pairing yet again. Wonder why Kmpany is finding it hard to find form and our defence struggling to keep a clean sheet. Answers on a post card to MP Eitihad stadium.

goat

fernando and lampard in the middle to start, enjoy the 3 points west brom

KunDB

Surely performance should dictate who oplays and who fumes on the bench. Not seemingly with Manuel - how you perform or massively underperform is not relevant to selection as rotation is first and only priority seemingly.

KunDB

I cannot fathom what the sending off was for?

Ludo

Can someone tell sergio that he's allowed to pass occasionally

Ludo

Quote from: Zabba on March 21, 2015, 12:59:47

The foul perhaps?

Although it was the wrong man.

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on March 21, 2015, 12:17:38
Surely performance should dictate who oplays and who fumes on the bench. Not seemingly with Manuel - how you perform or massively underperform is not relevant to selection as rotation is first and only priority seemingly.
like yaya?

KunDB

Good man Bony now they will flow and flow.

Swiss

Nice touch and a sure finish from bony

goat

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC  5m5 minutes ago
29. Almost two as Gael Clichy's cross-cum-shot finds the side netting

grim

KunDB

Quote from: Swiss on March 21, 2015, 13:08:49
Quote from: Zabba on March 21, 2015, 12:17:38
like yaya?

Yaya who is injured and cannot play.

Swiss

Thats what they're officially telling us...

KunDB

Aguero trying too hard. Hope he gets a goal.

Ludo

I the midst of all that we scored from a corner!

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on March 21, 2015, 13:07:38

The foul perhaps?

Yes exactly my point.

Swiss

Can pick Fernando against the baggies everytime!

Rowley Birkin QC

What a strange game! Going to be very interesting to hear what the explanation for that sending-off will be.

In these circumstances it's going to be hard to judge our performance. I do hope Pellers doesn't take too much away from this... such as... "Fernando and Lampard - yeah, that worked"

Ludo

Quote from: Zabba on March 21, 2015, 13:38:07
Quote from: Ludo on March 21, 2015, 13:07:38

The foul perhaps?

Yes exactly my point.

Two bearded centre backs that look pretty similar, one wearing 25 one wearing 23.

Seen worse although BT sport are intent on making a mountain out of it.

Tricky Trev

What a feckin gift from the ref. Abysmal.

Ludo

It wasn't that bad, someone was getting sent off.

KunDB

I'm worn out just watching WBA defend non-stop.

It was a definite red just wrong player.

KunDB

Shit defending for their corner.

bry the guy

43 shots 16 on target must be a record....

Tricky Trev

It's hard to be disappointed with 3-0. But a normal city would hammer this team under the circumstances.

A free win for city, I do not matches like these.

Very soft pen and the wrong guy got punished. It's also way way to early in the game to send somebody off - especially for such a debatable red card. Oh the rules should apply regardless of what time it is? That's true but yet if the match was a bit more important people would go ballistic and constantly pundits and the likes says it's too early and would ruin the match.

But 3 points is 3 points, I just wish it tasted a bit better. But we can't exactly be picky these days.

Lekos

Not seen this match, but from the comments on here I presume it was awful,  depressing and we were lucky to win 3-0, despite having 78% possession and 43 shots, 16 on target.

Ludo

Well it certainly wasn't as exciting as those stats made it look.

Lekos

Fair enough. Guessing it wasn't that depressing either.

zacc

Hesperus

Professional performance, the win was all that mattered really.

KunDB

It was a good performance, good tempo, pressure and committment. Not our fault we broke free 1 minute in and their defender decided to commit a daft foul always going to be a red card.

Neil Mcnab

First game I havent seen for a long time. However we got to the win, at the end of the season its still 3 points.

gavin

I was pleased with the performance overall. I thought the lads made a good effort today. Was pleased to see Bony get off the mark. Sergio deserves a special mention for continuous unstinting effort despite still looking out of form. That lad is a gem. Silva showed some lovely touches at times despite also still not looking consistently at his best. 3-0, should have been more and only one or two worries at the back.

Very harsh indeed to grumble about today's efforts.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on March 21, 2015, 19:07:04
I was pleased with the performance overall. I thought the lads made a good effort today. Was pleased to see Bony get off the mark. Sergio deserves a special mention for continuous unstinting effort despite still looking out of form. That lad is a gem. Silva showed some lovely touches at times despite also still not looking consistently at his best. 3-0, should have been more and only one or two worries at the back.

Very harsh indeed to grumble about today's efforts.

Agree with that Gav, I quite enjoyed the game. Poor Sergio just can't buy a goal at the mo, on another day he'd have had a hat-trick.

Ref got the decision right for the red IMO, if Bony gets past the defender he's through on goal. 23 and 25, easy for the ref to get those numbers mixed up if he hasn't got his specs on.  ;)

Rowley Birkin QC

I didn't comment further because, firstly the game finished around 1.30am for me and I was shagged out and went off to bed, and secondly  (as I said before) it's difficult to say anything meaningful about a performance against an opponent who clearly knew they were out of the contest after just two minutes.

I liked the way we went about the game and I enjoyed it. We played well and went looking for goals right up to the final whistle, when in the circumstances they might have been forgiven for easing off. The Lampard / Fernando combination was actually pretty good - but then they were afforded a lot of time and space by the Baggies. As Gavin says - Aguero was magnificent and tireless in his efforts, and I was very impressed to see him, Silva, Bony and Navas all working hard to regain balls they'd lost possession of. A workman like, but entertaining win - if in somewhat odd circumstances.

City63

The most one sided match I've ever been to,enjoyed it :) btw anyone know what the applause at around 10mins was for?

Ludo

City63

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 21, 2015, 23:52:27
Aguero was magnificent and tireless in his efforts, and I was very impressed to see him, Silva, Bony and Navas all working hard to regain balls they'd lost possession of.

Ye like someone said its strange circumstances and the names you have listed have the least to prove (navas debatable) but are clearly the most professional and show pride in their work

clevblue

I'm afraid of losing our best players this summer, I hope they see the 'bigger picture' - that one where we get new talent and go for European glory :o