News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

What's going on in NI?

Started by reddishblue, April 09, 2021, 01:56:27

Previous topic - Next topic

reddishblue

Many contradicting reports and I'm confused. Is it down to Brexit (yes we all know it's shit) or something else? Was it the excuse waiting to happen? Read through all this and it tells me nothing. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56681472

Stephen Paul

Brexit
The Unionists voted for it but now there is a customs border in the Irish sea

So we might as well be a united Ireland and part of Europe

Stephen Paul

And the government here couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

Always arguing about religion

The country is fucked

gavin

I doubt that the Northern Irish arguing about religion will ever be resolved but it is better when they don't resort to violence. I've very little sympathy for anyone who actually believed Johnson when he said that his deal didn't involve a border in the Irish Sea when it was written in clear English in the document that it did and that the EU had the final say on it.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on April 09, 2021, 21:52:46
I've very little sympathy for anyone who actually believed Johnson
I'd just leave it at that.  ;)

I'm surprised NI protestants haven't yet realised that they may actually be better off in a united Ireland, they'd make up a much bigger proportion of the population and Dublin governments are nearly always coalitions. Westminster only gives a fuck about them when they need Unionist MPs to prop up a minority government.

Stephen Paul

Probably a United Ireland is the way forward

reddishblue

All I know is that if was in NI I'd vote to join the South and fuck these cunts over here off.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: bluebrendan on April 10, 2021, 06:59:32
I'd just leave it at that.  ;)

I'm surprised NI protestants haven't yet realised that they may actually be better off in a united Ireland, they'd make up a much bigger proportion of the population and Dublin governments are nearly always coalitions. Westminster only gives a fuck about them when they need Unionist MPs to prop up a minority government.

Exactly

goat

good time to invest in fertilizer and timers

Stephen Paul

Quote from: goat on April 16, 2021, 12:10:22
good time to invest in fertilizer and timers

Bloody right , sold out here in the shop , not good 😂

Stephen Paul

Wait until the marching season gets going 🙄

Paddy

Brexit. Worst thing to happen in a modern society, retropresctive. A single country cannot function on it's own...Scottish independence and a united Ireland to follow. We lead a lot of lies and worse; people believed in it. Now we have a government that is about to implode just like Rome, from the inside.....I am sad to see that i won't be around to see it but also relieved.....

Paddy

And in reply to "Redish Blue", we are being driven towards a united Ireland. The majority here voted to remain, myself included. Brexit is causing massive disruption to imports, shortages in the supermarkets and rising costs.....