News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

christ, how the mighty have fallen

Started by goat, March 21, 2015, 22:08:46

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

serie a might be 5 clubs in a few years at this rate.... thats the stand normally full of flags and fires if you dont know

bluebrendan

Has Berlusconi pulled the plug? I know his family were rumoured to want to cut down their shareholding at the start of the season

goat

dont think so yet but its about on the pitch as well, 4 wins in 2015

gavin

36000 average but less than Leeds last couple of weeks. I'm rarely tempted to watch Italian football.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/ita-serie-a-2014-2015/1/

bry the guy

I didnt realise how poor italian football was supported must be the shit style they play.only 7 teams get over 300000

Stephen Paul

Being one of the most corrupt leagues in Europe doesn't help

goat

bollocks, its got nothing on nigeria with their 64-0 games

the money just fell out the league and fucked a load up , could happen here and spain soon

Ludo

I doubt it would happen here, the premier league's to popular worldwide, the same with Spain.

Betting scandals stretching back to the 70's and 80's, drugs, ultras,match fixing and organised crime involvement have left Serie A lagging well behind England, Spain Germany and even France as a broadcasting spectacle

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on March 23, 2015, 07:20:59
I doubt it would happen here, the premier league's to popular worldwide, the same with Spain.

The Italian league was once popular worldwide...

goat

Betting scandals stretching back to the 70's and 80's, drugs, ultras,match fixing and organised crime involvement have left Serie A lagging well behind England, Spain Germany and even France as a broadcasting spectacle

city and liverpool came pretty close to going bust not too long ago
oh and everything bar ultras has happened over here

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 23, 2015, 09:46:56

i remember the only place you could watch spanish football over here was s4c

Ludo

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 23, 2015, 09:46:56

Not in the same way as the premier league is now. When Serie first appeared regularly over here the teams played decent football with teams full of international stars like Gullit and van Basten but it started to take it for granted. More money made for more corruption ( which is I'm sad to say prevelant in italian society) that led to more scandal and less appeal.

I can't remember in the last 30-40 years any major corruption or match fixing scandals in English football.

goat

Lekos

Come on mate, that's tenuous even for you!  Can hardly compare those three to the Serie A scandals.

goat

was big at the time and match fixing is match fixing

Ludo

Not quite Totonero or Calciopopli though.

Lekos

I'm sure Steve will think it is.  His blinkers are made using genuine Italian leather.

goat

nah he wouldnt

true, but its still another of your little list of things that you doubt would happen here that happened here

Ludo

goat

kinnell, both of you having a sulk, whats next, you doubting diving will come to england?