News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City opt out of super league

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 18, 2021, 14:02:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

I stopped buying shirts a few years back because it was simply just a rip off

If City buy into this , I will not spend another penny at the Etihad

gavin

I'm against the Super League but also against UEFA's proposals which look a right mess. Football is bereft of quality leadership, I'm afraid. But it won't stop me supporting MCFC or even put me off at all as long as we remain in domestic competition. I've often felt the Champions League  was a bit of a waste of time, particularly before Christmas. I wouldn't mourn the loss of European football nights at all.

The thing that knocks me a bit sick is all these pundits moaning about football now being about greed. Their clubs have been trying to create a closed shop for years surreptitiously and they supported them against City as if their clubs were the white knights protecting football from evil City. Now at least the clubs are being up front about it. It seems to me that City were put in a difficult position. They weren't drivers of the Super League but also don't want to be left behind with the remnants of the organisation that tried to ban them not long ago. Of course, it is ironic that to breakaway from UEFA, City have joined the very clubs that had corrupted UEFA in the first place.

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

reddishblue

The day it became the Champions League as apposed to the European Cup was the beginning of the end of football. It was all about TV exposure with no regards to fans at all. Then came meaningless international friendlies at the worst possible times of the season. Sick of it now.

lee

Good post Gav

Im the same mate.City are in my blood.It's a drug and there is no rehab.

City were caught between a rock and a hard place.It does seem ironic though we have joined forces with the rags who under David Gill did everything in his power to shit on us.

As the old saying goes and not used it for a while "CTID"

reddishblue

EUFA's proposals to expand the champions league to 36 teams is also fucking madness, it will also help destroy domestic leagues. Something has to give here.

KunDB

I’m a diehard fan I don’t give a toss about the shenanigans but I do want proper open competition.

If City go in I’ll still support them as I did in division three but they better be aware swimming with sharks is outright dangerous.

Gareth

This isn’t a deal-breaker for me. Don’t particularly like it, but there’s already more than a few things I’m less than keen on in the modern game, as well as some things that are ok. But when it comes down to it, no way on earth am I going to the barricades for the status quo alongside UEFA and the fkn Tories, ffs...

KunDB

The worry I would have if I was a City Executive is that in future the 15 founding members only need 8 to have a majority to push through rule changes that benefit them and harm City. The dirty half dozen plus two.

lee

Looks like Chelsea are the first to back down.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Fair play to the Chelsea fans.

🎥 Petr ÄŒech pleads with protesters after Chelsea fans block bus via @OneFootball. Read it here:

https://1.ftb.al/bWMYmTnfCfb

Stephen Paul

lee

City are the next club to withdraw

Hesperus

Officially, it looks like we are the first!  :)

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on April 20, 2021, 19:26:17
Officially, it looks like we are the first!  :)

How do you conclude that?

I do hope City pull the plug soon too.

Stephen Paul

should be dead in the water now if City and Chelsea pull the plug

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Hopefully this will lead to big reforms in UEFA. Not that I'll hold my breath!!

KunDB

Sun saying City and Chelsea are looking out.

Neil Mcnab

Looking like the club has seen sense and is very much alive.

Hesperus

Hey ho, back to the non corrupt, non closed shop competition that is the Champions League.

Whoop dee f*cking do!