News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City opt out of super league

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 18, 2021, 14:02:14

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Just Juve, Real and Barca left :D

KunDB

Right or not John Barnes has a right of speech and views.

City are deafening us fans yet again with the sound of silence. When you jump into bed with the bandits you are a bandit. Why did City do that and why no explanation and no apology to club fans, staff and players.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on April 21, 2021, 13:49:47
Right or not John Barnes has a right of speech and views.

City are deafening us fans yet again with the sound of silence. When you jump into bed with the bandits you are a bandit. Why did City do that and why no explanation and no apology to club fans, staff and players.
Certainly has but why single City out from the rest

Hesperus

Ferran says sorry:

Dear Supporter,

I am writing to you regarding the events of the past few days. 

I am sorry it has taken a little time, but the circumstances have been somewhat exceptional and it was important to me to contact you directly.   

As you know, Manchester City has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League.

As always, when we make choices and decisions, we do so with the best interests of the Club in mind and we believed that being part of such an initiative could give us a voice that might be imperative to our future ability to succeed and grow.

However, in making that choice we failed to remind ourselves of the unbreakable link between the passion of our fans and the right to have the opportunity to earn success. It is a truth that is fundamental to the DNA of Manchester City and the Board deeply regrets taking a decision that lost sight of the historic values of the Club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise to our fans for the disappointment, frustration and anguish caused by the last 72 hours. 

I want to personally assure you that the Owners, Chairman, Board and staff are completely committed to ensuring that the club continues to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing well-being of both the English and European football pyramids and their associated competitions. We will embrace the opportunity to earn back the full trust of our stakeholders and the football family in general.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I extend my thanks to you for your continued support. 

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Etihad Stadium as soon as circumstances allow.

Yours sincerely

Ferran Soriano, CEO

silvablue

According to media reports.

Manchester City have sent an unreserved apology directly to each registered supporter for their role in the infamous European Super League.

That’s great, now we can all move on in full support of the club again.

KunDB

Dear Cityzen,

I am writing to you regarding the events of the past few days. I am sorry it has taken a little time, but the circumstances have been somewhat exceptional and it was important to me to contact you directly.

As you know, Manchester City has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League. As always, when we make choices and decisions, we do so with the best interests of the Club in mind and we believed that being part of such an initiative could give us a voice that might be imperative to our future ability to succeed and grow.

However, in making that choice we failed to remind ourselves of the unbreakable link between the passion of our fans and the right to have the opportunity to earn success. It is a truth that is fundamental to the DNA of Manchester City and the Board deeply regrets taking a decision that lost sight of the historic values of the Club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise to our fans for the disappointment, frustration and anguish caused by the last 72 hours.

I want to personally assure you that the Owners, Chairman, Board and staff are completely committed to ensuring that the club continues to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing well-being of both the English and European football pyramids and their associated competitions. We will embrace the opportunity to earn back the full trust of our stakeholders and the football family in general.

I thank you for taking the time to read this and I extend my thanks to you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely

Ferran Soriano, CEO

silvablue

John Barnes talks a lot of sense and tells fans the truth while others gaslight fans.

He also said the following:

“Asked if fan power was the reason behind the climbdown from Mr Henry and company, Barnes told talkRADIO : “Well first of all there’s been a lot of noise in the last two days in the revolution to change the face of football.

“Let’s make no mistake what this was about. This was about two elite groups that wanted to have the power to exploit football.

“It was never about the fans. It was about UEFA trying to hold on to power, the Premier League trying to hold on to their power and another group, this new ESL ( European Super League ) trying to come into power.”

The winner is UEFA the losers the Dirty Dizen clubs. Either way the fans get exploited and the clubs get more power, money and elite protection from failure at the expense of other clubs.

City’s owners are far from saints or fan focussed, as they have just shown.

Gareth

UEFA now looking for ways to punish the clubs who signed up for the Super League (then had second thoughts). I know! They could ban us from the Champions League, then we could organise a competition between all the banned teams instead... oh...