News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Newcastle

Started by gavin, May 14, 2021, 19:02:57

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Carson, Walker, Garcia, Ake, Cancelo, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Bernardo, Torres, Sterling (C), Jesus

SUBS | Steffen, Dias, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Foden, Palmer

Bemused

lee

KunDB

PL over so players like Carson given their day in the spotlight. I’ve no problem with it. Also, resting and protecting players for CL Final.

Stephen Paul

Thinking ahead with that selection

Hopefully a win

Gareth

Still, bit surprised Sergio is nowhere to be found.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Hit and hope by Cancelo, that'll do!!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Goal of the season by Torres!!

Would be anyway if he wore red.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Love how they gave a penalty for a toon player standing on Ake 👌🏻

gavin

Well at least we've seen some action. I thought after the first twenty that it was going to be a bit of a non event. Some dreadful defending from City. But an awesome finish from Torres. Good effort from Cancelo too.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on May 14, 2021, 20:46:16
Goal of the season by Torres!!

Would be anyway if he wore red.
Exactly

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Gundogan class act

lee

Torres looks great as a number 9

Defending was woeful..Happy to see the back of Garcia.

KunDB

Great game, open, fun with loads of goals.

Key players rested. Perfect.

gavin

Torres is putting himself into contention for the final with that. Sterling on the other hand must be falling down the queue. Not impressed with Ake and Garcia at the back at all. Hopefully, Ake would be much better with Laporte or Dias.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: lee on May 14, 2021, 22:05:53

Ye said to me lad that we've already got an Aguero replacement.

Stephen Paul

Torres setting himself up for the Euros

Interesting times for the young Spaniard

The next Aguero??

Hesperus

Torres finishing is very striker like, I would certainly give him a run of games in that role. As a wide player I haven’t seen much from him to suggest he’s going to be as good as Sane,  but give him a sniff of a goal and looks the part.

onerytk

Quote from: lee on May 14, 2021, 22:05:53

Defending was woeful..Happy to see the back of Garcia.

I am at a loss as to what anyone sees in Garcia, poor in the air always loses a foot race and generally looks a weak link.
I would rather we put a youngster in from the academy if he is saving our first choice lads.

Neil Mcnab

A lot of there players would look a lot better with a run of games under their belts. Torres looks a class act. Listening to Pep talk, we are getting a number 9 in the summer.