News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Seagulls 7pm

Started by KunDB, May 18, 2021, 18:23:35

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Torres, Foden

SUBS | Steffen, Ake, Jesus, Laporte, De Bruyne, Mendy, Fernandinho, Garcia, Palmer

Strong team, hope Palmer gets a run out.

C’mon City

gavin

Pretty much as I expected. That makes a big change!! Wonder if Walker is injured.

Stephen Paul

Good line up

Mon City

Stephen Paul

lee

Never a red.Ridiculous shit

Stephen Paul

Absolutely 💯

Never a bloody red

KunDB

The studs up on Gundogan was more a red.

lee

From the officials to the 2 muppets commentating...I despair

gavin

What has football become? You fall over when challenging fairly for the ball and it is a red. Tackle someone's knee with the ball well gone and it is a yellow. Fucking disgraceful.

onerytk

Yeah absolute joke.
Can someone tell me why Garcia is on the pitch and in a city shirt ?

gavin

Walker not fit and no other right back I think. Though the way Garcia has shaped there we'd have been better off not bothering with a sub.

lee

Dunno what Pep sees in Garcia.The way he got turned inside the box was piss poor.

Hesperus

Hmmmm, did our defence have a cheeky PL celebration last night?

Stephen Paul

Although down to 10 , a very poor performance tonight and Pep knows it

Hopefully just a blip and Gundogan stays fit

lee

The officiating was crap.City looked lethargic and the sending off didn’t help.
The problems started as soon as Garcia came on.Hope Gundog is ok.

Hesperus

It’s a none game, so not bothered, hopefully the defence have got that out of their system because they were poor tonight.  Good reminder we are human and capable of mistakes.

Ref was poor, and I don’t understand VAR.

gavin

I've not been this annoyed after a match for years. That ref was an absolute disgrace. As was the VAR bloke. City did valiantly playing 13 men with 10.

Clear penalty on Jesus. Lalana didn't get the ball, tackled over it and got the man. But then Jesus was fouled about ten times and he never gave them a look.

Paddy

Only saw the second half BHA deserved the win from what i have seen.....

Hesperus

We’d have been better off keeping Torres on and leaving Garcia on the bench after the sending off.

KunDB

The commentators on Talkshite were dumbfounded that the penalty was not given by VAR.

Hesperus

Yep. Clear penalty from the
replays The only reason not to give the penalty is incompetence or corruption.

jingoe

A disgrace. The foul on Gundog was far worse than Stones tackle a couple of weeks ago. How the penalty wasn't given heaven alone knows. The worst referee for a long time. The commentators made little comment of 10 v 11 for 80 mins, preferring to big up Brighton.

lee

Quote from: jingoe on May 18, 2021, 21:52:23
A disgrace. The foul on Gundog was far worse than Stones tackle a couple of weeks ago. How the penalty wasn't given heaven alone knows. The worst referee for a long time. The commentators made little comment of 10 v 11 for 80 mins, preferring to big up Brighton.

Was almost silence when Phil scored as if it was a shit goal.2 mins later the the bloke on BT is delirious when they score.

Stephen Paul

If you think that refereeing was harsh against us wait until the CL final

Stephen Paul

Wonder what Pep sees in Garcia that we don't

Stephen Paul

Stuart Attwell has been removed from the Premier league last day fixtures

Wonder why ffs

gavin

If that is because of his performance last night then that is a big step forward. It is about time refs were held accountable for their shit performances. Especially with regards to protecting players.

Rowley Birkin QC

Finally got around to watching a replay of this game...

Quite convinced this game was bent. Unfathomable refereeing / VAR decisions, which only make sense if there was a betting fix on. Disgusting.

KunDB

The referees lack of accountability is a disaster waiting to happen. Sooner or later a referee will be corrupted by the lack of transparency and accountability and that game was a prime example of how a referee can change the outcome. Dodgy decisions, favouring one team and not protecting the other teams players. Also, I have long thought the injury time added to games has been manipulated by some referees, they add longer if a team they don't want to win or has irritated them is threatened by it.

With Stuart Attwell sadly i think it is not corruption just incredible incompetence, and having said that I would be more impressed if Jon Moss the VAR official was suspended also. Not for a game day for a month with mandatory review thereafter for improved competency.