News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CL Final Thread

Started by KunDB, May 29, 2021, 18:55:56

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Here we go 😅

XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Gundogan, De Bruyne (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Foden

SUBS | Steffen, Carson, Ake, Jesus, Aguero, Laporte, Rodrigo, Torres, Mendy, Fernandinho, Cancelo, Garcia

No holding midfielder. Fernandinho or Rodri?

Attack, attack, attack.

⚽️ C’mon City

gavin

He cannot be predictable. Shit or bust.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Great line up

Let's do this

Stephen Paul

Has Pep fucked up not playing Fernandinho

KunDB

Keep calm, don’t panic. Lol

Stephen Paul

KunDB

We deserve to be behind. We have been poor first half and we are wasting KdB. Using hon as a forward and we are exposed in defence.

Neil Mcnab

Mahrez has had the plaudits for a lot of the season. Not from me and cannot even make a pretence at defending, give him the hook. Has Pep overthought it?

Hesperus

Chelsea have played very well, and are comfortable. Man marking KDB, Foden and Mahrez. Nullified our offensive play totally.

I don’t see Pep changing it early in the 2nd half, so that team will need to figure out a way to solve the puzzle Chelsea are posing us.  Tactically Chelsea have got this right.

Hesperus

Come on City, we can still do this!

Stephen Paul

Not good

Pep , sort it

gavin

We've had chances but it is fair to say it wasn't a good half.

Stephen Paul

Aguero on Sterling off please

Rowley Birkin QC

Have to say, Chelsea look very well organised. 

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, here we go. Sergio on.

Rowley Birkin QC

Chelsea really do have the measure of us, don't they? 🙁

KunDB

We just did not turn up on the night and Pep starting Sterling and not a defensive midfielder turned out to be a serious mistake.

Hesperus

Can’t complain unfortunately. We didn’t lay a glove on them. We just got desperate in the 2nd half and didn’t play the way we can.

Pity we didn’t start Fernandinho. I think things would have been different.

Congratulations Chelsea.

Pissed off now though.

Rowley Birkin QC

I concur with Mr Hesperus.

gavin

Rudiger is a disgrace. Deliberate foul taking out our best player. Off with a black eye. It's supposed to be football.

Okay, we didn't play well. It happens. We'll be back next year.

Neil Mcnab

Was it Tuchel got it right, more than Pep got it wrong. First goal was crucial and we really didnt look likely. I detest the theatrics that crept into the Chelsea play. But a final is about winning and they did it.

lee

The biggest fuck up tonight was playing a player who is not in form=Sterling

How the fook did he get the nod.It didn’t work from the get go....Fuckin spewing i am.We would have done them with a holding midfielder.How the fook Sterling made that starting 11 tonight is a joke.

Missed opportunity ..Wank

Stephen Paul

Sterling was poor but so was the rest of the team

A bad night at the office

Paddy

Three in a row Pep, not bad for the worlds "best" manager !!!.....

Hesperus

Having thought about it a bit more, I agree, the team selection was strange and had an impact but would starting Fernandinho have made a big difference? I think you have to give credit to Chelsea, the tactics and their players performances.

Standout players for Chelsea:

Reece had Sterling in his pocket all night
Chilwell was all over Mahrez like glue
Kante played like a man possessed

their midfield pretty much man marked KDB and Foden out of the game.

Even if Fernandinho or Rodri would have started Chelsea would still have stuck to their game plan of killing out attacking play
and If we don’t have an attacking threat we look vulnerable.

Im not so sure one player would have made a huge difference last night.

KunDB

I broadly agree with Hesperus, basically our players did not turn up on the night and theirs did. I could almost see that in the 60 minutes before kick off, they looked focused as a team, we didn't. It then showed on the pitch in the game.

Bad night sleep, but hardly the end of the world, onwards and upwards.

Sterling appears to be well past his best.