News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep

Started by Paddy, May 29, 2021, 22:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Pack your bags and move on. Bad selection aka Sterling, no holding midfielders, Gundalon and Silva wasted, this third time in a row against Chelsea. One should get it right at least once!!! Old Bean, Whatho. Crap, we were lucky in was only a single, it could have been many.....

gavin

He can stay as long as he wants. One of the greatest managers ever.

KunDB

Chill Paddy, look at the trophies we have won. Be a good loser and then you can be an even better winner.As Gilbert O'Sullivan said:

And this pleasure I get
From say winning a bet trophy
Is to lose

Hesperus

I’d have been more pissed off if we’d missed out on the title. I don’t even like the CL..... but it would have been nice to win it.

Best City manager ever. 3 PL titles in 4 years says it’s all.

Rowley Birkin QC

Pep got his team and tactics wrong tonight, but there's so, so, much more he's got right with us. The anti-City media will dine out on this, but it's all about the Premiership for me.  Would have loved it if we'd won the European Cup (If only to shut up the rags and bin dippers) but it's a rubbish format competition truth be told (and going to get worse), and it doesn't define us.   

Lekos

Stephen Paul

I am almost done with football after that

Can't bloody take it much longer

Paddy

He makes too many cockups in crucial games

Hesperus

Having reflected a bit more, Pep was brought in to win the CL, no one scan knock his PL record, but it has to be said his record in the CL isn’t great. It could be that the owners take a very harsh view if the CL is the overriding priority. I wouldn’t agree with it, but could probably understand it.

Possibly Peps next season will determine if it’s his last with us.

bluebrendan

I think Pep has become obsessed with winning that 3rd CL and at times like last night and Lyon last season it leads to him making weird selection and tactical decisions. Last season he left out attacking midfielders, last night it was defensive midfielders, in each case we needed a good balance not extremes.

He's still an outstanding manager, he just needs to be more rational when it comes to the big games in the CL.

KunDB

Pep in.

The bit that hurt most was that it appeared Pep and staff had learned the lessons in the semi-final against PSG, play to our strengths with our in-form players selected, and pack defence when the ball is lost. This worked a treat against PSG.

However, last night it was an entirely new formation, a different set up to all season with these lessons learnt totally forgotten by Pep and staff!

Stephen Paul

A bad night at the office

Paddy

Pep maybe considered a good manager but that doesnt't make him a nice person. Aquero was main man at City until Pep came. One great player up against one big ego, only one winner. Kun Aquero now has a two year contract with Barcelona and is well shut.....

gavin

Sergio hardly played a part this season because he was injured. What good is a star player that is injured? We won the league without him. Let's see how many games he plays at Barcelona next season.

Hesperus

I have a feeling he’ll play a lot at Barca. Not sure his heart or motivation was at City in the last couple of seasons. I think the climate and the lifestyle at Barca will really suit him and he’ll score a boat load.  I don’t begrudge him because he gave us so much, but it will be horrible to see him play against us. But time for us all to move on. Always a legend though.

Stephen Paul

Time to move on

Sergio was fantastic for us but there comes a time to get fresh air somewhere else

KunDB

Quote from: Paddy on June 01, 2021, 08:19:21
Pep maybe considered a good manager but that doesnt't make him a nice person. Aquero was main man at City until Pep came. One great player up against one big ego, only one winner. Kun Aquero now has a two year contract with Barcelona and is well shut.....

There is no room for sentiment in football if winning trophies is the goal. A manager to be the best has to make the really hard decisions. I love Aguero as a footballer for what he has achieved at City but I do not want him playing until he decides he is too old or not good enough, that is the manager and the clubs decision. I understand Kun is annoyed with the decision but that is life, and to put it in context overall he has been blessed in life while other equally lovely and deserving people people suffer hell right here on earth.