News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

While we're waiting for something to happen...

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, March 29, 2015, 22:13:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Daft (and one or two slightly unsettling) photos of footballers....

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2015/mar/27/memory-lane-awkward-footballer-photos?CMP=fb_gu

Check out the one of Mancini posing in front of the mirror, and I had to laugh at the matching Paul Breitner and Kevin Keegan mega perm hair-do's!

(Health Warning - includes unpleasant picture of Ron Atkinson hold oversized rag rosette. Thankfully not in colour)

bry the guy

The Blue Blooded Maniac

gavin

bluebrendan

Ludo

Didn't a City fan once punch him at a train station?

Rowley Birkin QC

Tori will be along in a minute to give them a stern lecture in safe firearms handling.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on March 30, 2015, 22:11:19
Didn't a City fan once punch him at a train station?

Yes, I was actually on that train coming back from a game down south in the late 70s. Docherty was managing QPR I think at the time but still living up north and when I went to get a drink I noticed he was sat in the buffet car with a few other City fans. Apparently as the journey progressed what started out as banter turned a bit nasty as the booze flowed and when Docherty got off at Stockport 2 or 3 of the City fans followed him onto the platform and punched him to the floor.

And before goat comments, no I wasn't one of them!

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 30, 2015, 22:16:26
Tori will be along in a minute to give them a stern lecture in safe firearms handling.
:D