News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Agueros father having a pop at Pep

Started by Stephen Paul, June 04, 2021, 08:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Not sure about this

Did Pep and Aguero have issues?

Stephen Paul

I believe the tears were real

Pep has to think about the team ,not one player who was on a huge salary and a replacement will be needed

gavin

It looked genuine to me. Pep has to operate for the betterment of the club not based on sentiment though. Sergio wasn't fit often enough.

bluebrendan

I'm not an expert on personality types but I've read more than once that Pep's behaviour can suggest narcissist traits in his character and that may have been behind the odd team selection for the CL final.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a negative or positive quality but if true it may explain a few of his seemingly odd decisions and even the nature of his relationship with some players.

KunDB

Aguero and his team are angry he has had to leave. That is understandable given what he has achieved for City. But did he really want to sit in the bench or just not play at all? No I think not, difficult and painful as this decision has been for all its in the best interest of both parties.

Aguero gets to play for Barcelona, a real tribute to his quality and talent and we get to move on with a replacement fit and younger player hopefully.

If you don’t recycle your team at the right time your team deteriorates. The message has to be clear YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR STARTING SPOT IN THE TEAM BY BEING FIT AND PERFORMING CONSISTENTLY WELL.

That’s football at the top level. Give it time and all will be well and Sergio will be back at City in a different role.

gavin

Quote from: bluebrendan on June 05, 2021, 07:56:30
I'm not an expert on personality types but I've read more than once that Pep's behaviour can suggest narcissist traits in his character and that may have been behind the odd team selection for the CL final.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a negative or positive quality but if true it may explain a few of his seemingly odd decisions and even the nature of his relationship with some players.

I think he just wanted pace up front to try to break down the massed defence of Chelsea. It could have worked with the chance Sterling had in the first half. Sterling was actually one of our more dangerous players in the match. Gundogan played as the defensive mid for a good stretch at the end of the 18/19 season when we went on that incredible run to finish ahead of the scousers. He was fantastic then. Pep was right or wrong, but suggesting a team selection is because of a personality problem is a bit much. Pep always strikes me as humble, especially considering what he has achieved.