News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The transfer thread

Started by lee, June 04, 2021, 13:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Kane and Grealish still both heavily linked. Can’t say I was impressed with either during the euros. Kane in particular looked leggy.

Be interesting to see if we sign anyone of any note this window. Traditionally after we’ve won the title we’ve recruited poorly.

Neil Mcnab

Seen Griezman and even Ronaldo quotes for coming in. For me Rodri isnt all that and resigning Dinho was a must. Signing a Dinho clone should be a priority.

jingoe

They just said on Chris Evans' breakfast show on Virgin Radio that Kane has signed. 400k per week.

Nothing on Sky Sports though

Neil Mcnab

Seen £160 million quoted as cost??? I hope his ankles are insured. 

Stephen Paul

160 million

Holy good fuck !!!

KunDB

Surprised it has not been billed as £160Bn.

The press is full of bullshit and we seldom ever find out the true cost or contract terms and conditions. From Spurs point of view the price has to be super-hyped to provide cover for selling their star player to an opponent. For all we know £60m cold be performance linked for phased payment, e.g. City winning CL could spark a payment, or Harry scoring 30 goals in a season could spark a payment. Who knows, and quite frankly I don't think City fans should particularly care and just leave finance to the club executives.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I couldn't care less how much a player costs or what salary they are on.

I just really don't think he fits our style of play at all.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: stephenmcfc on July 23, 2021, 09:45:41
Holy good fuck !!!
I couldnt think of the right words, that covers it.

Stephen Paul

Would very much prefer Haaland if we are talking that kind of money

Stephen Paul

I can remember City were 56 million in debt and we had to sell SWP to balance the books

How times have changed

Stephen Paul

Reports Chelsea are bidding for Haaland

Stephen Paul

Dippers bid 86 million for Chiesa

gavin

A lot of hot air and nothing concrete so far. It is not looking good on transfers this summer. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign anyone now.

KunDB

We will definitely sign players and sell players but it’s a game of cat and mouse for now.

Patience needed until near the close of this transfer window I reckon.

lee

I still think we'll sign Kane..Will go to the wire on deadline day

Stephen Paul

We play Spuds first , wonder will Kane feature

gavin

I'll be absolutely amazed if we sign Kane.

Stephen Paul

Seemingly Grealish is a done deal and its about to be announced

All photos of grealish in the new kit have been removed from the Villa website

gavin

His ugly mug is on the front page of their shop

https://shop.avfc.co.uk/en/

The Blue Blooded Maniac