News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The transfer thread

Started by lee, June 04, 2021, 13:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

I can’t see any way we’ll sign Kane now. Levy has said 150 million and he won’t move on that even if he totally pisses Kane off. Levy doesn’t care about people at all so that’s will be the amount and I don’t believe we’d be daft   Enough to go to that figure.

KunDB

Levy is a hardened negotiator striving to get every penny he can get. He would be very foolish to get stuck with a dissatisfied player/captain. It will go right to the wire and be sorted with clever wording and add ons written into the deal so it appears Levi has won.

Stephen Paul

Messi just left Barcelona

Stephen Paul

Going to the rags apparently

Stephen Paul

Breaking news
Barcelona say Lionel Messi will not be staying at the club "because of financial and structural obstacles".

Messi, 34, has been a free agent since 1 July when his contract expired.

He agreed a new deal on reduced wages with club two weeks later, but it was dependent on Barca selling players to afford his salary.

"Both parties deeply regret that the wishes of the player and the club will ultimately not be fulfilled," the club said.

Barcelona said Messi was poised to extend his 21-year career with the club by signing the deal on Thursday, and blame La Liga for the failure to do so.

"Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles [Spanish La Liga regulations]," the club said.

"FC Barcelona wholeheartedly expresses its gratitude to the player for his contribution to the aggrandisement of the club and wishes him all the very best for the future in his personal and professional life."

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Grealish finally confirmed by the club. Great news

Let’s forget about Messi, I say.

gavin

It is going to be an interesting few weeks to come. Very surprised about Messi. But apparently Barca are blaming La Liga's equivalent of FFP for him not signing.

Stephen Paul

No doubt Messi has a couple of seasons left in him but not at City

Stephen Paul

Boiling piss

Rags spend 89 million , good investment

City spend 100 million on Grealish , buying the league

The mind boggles

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Kane to return to Spuds training on Saturday.

Phew!

Dodged a bullet there!

Gareth

I only just clocked that all the fuss about Messi not being able to sign as a free agent for Barca also applies to Sergio (and to Eric Garcia too). That’s a real shame.

lee

I still think we'll sign Kane.Looks like Silva is off to Spain and Jesus to Juve!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Messi gone to PSG so maybe Kun will end up there aswell.

Stephen Paul

Reports Aguero not happy about Messi and wanting out of Barcelona

What is it with the Argies ?

Gareth

I don't think Sergio bears any blame at all for the financial situation at Barcelona, and when it came to the crunch Messi agreed a new contract that would have kept him at the club on a lower salary. I don't think "the Argies" are responsible for the catastrophic financial management that has led to Barcelona's current woes. It's not the players' fault.

Hesperus

Does anyone know why Barca can’t keep Messi or sign aguero? If Messi is on a reduced contract what’s the difference to last season? This all seems very strange. PSG seem the winners though, if they do sign Messi they have the best team on the planet and should be certs for the CL. Which won’t make Pep very happy.

Stephen Paul

Barcelona must be in big financial difficulties

gavin

Apparently, La Liga has its own form of FFP and Barcelona can't fit Messi into their budget to meet that. Therefore they are blaming La Liga.

Hesperus

Interesting, so this could be a power play between Barca and la Liga.

What a joke, that Tebas guy who seems to have a personal vendetta against us now looks like a prize dick! Even more of a prize dick I should say.