News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Which player were you happiest about your club signing, but came to regret the m

Started by Stephen Paul, July 05, 2021, 20:26:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Difficult question that

gavin

As a City fan, there have been so many disappointing expensive signings such as Bradbury, Jo and Santa Cruz that I've just got used to it. But when I look at it the other way round there is one that stands out. I wasn't happy at all with the signing of the Goat. In fact, I was very critical and dismissive of him for a good few months after his signing. But I was delighted with him in the end. Nowhere near the best player we've ever had but he just had the magic goalden touch. Feed the Goat.

KunDB

Jack Rodwell, just did not work out. Wrong club for this player atthe wrong time.

goat

robbie fowler

regret was we signed the bloke that ate robbie fowler

Neil Mcnab

Really tricky question to answer, loads I knew would fail/didnt want, Roque Sick Note top of the list. To the question, I suppose recently it must be Mendy, looked superb for Monaco, glad we signed him, turned out to be shite, apparently excellent on social media though, to every cloud. Saw some youtube videos of Nery Castillo, he seemed to be a great signing, not. 

gavin

Yes, Castillo. Saw him in the Copa America and thought he'd be brilliant. He was promising in his debut at West Ham in the Cup but never produced. He definitely had the skill to be a top player.