News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Players nearing the summer exit door

Started by Zabba, November 06, 2014, 15:19:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

I reckon come summer unless there is dramatic improvement by some players listed below they will be close to the exit door:

Yaya, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Navas, Jovetic, Dzeko (our game just does not suit his style). They are consistent under performers.

Maybe even Fernando as well.

It is hard to tell if players are under performing because the whole team balance is just wrong or they have lost it (because they all can be class at times, albeit sporadic).

Yes I know it is early days still in the PL and we are third but performances are there for all to see.

So who do you think may be in line for the exit door this summer?

Paul lakes knee

What exactly has Fernando done to be the subject of your ire?

Zabba

I said maybe as he was great last year  but inconsistent this year. Depends how he fares the rest of the year.

BTW I do not have 'ire' for any of them as they all served us well but time to move the club up to the next level.

goat

was he really great last year? i dont watch portuguese football

Zabba

We did not buy him because he was shit and I do watch European football CL, Europa League and other leagues - power of satellites and the internet.

BTW we tracked him for two years, but have your opinion football is full of them.

Leewonpen

Yaya - agree with this, I think he's run (jogged) his course at City
Nasri - not convinced but not yet a "must sell"
Clichy- not good enough, really need a top class left back.
Sagna- don't know why we bought him, is he really that much better than Richards?
Navas- I was hopeful, think I've lost hope.
Jovetic-I'm still hopeful 
Dzeko (our game just does not suit his style) - agree, too

gavin

Richards' problem was being fit for long enough but I agree that Sagna has done little to convince that he is as good as was billed when he was bought. There's a long time to go until summer. I didn't think Clichy was that bad at weekend but last night's mistake for the second goal was Sunday league stuff.

bluebrendan

Yaya - Unfortunately it probably is time to sell him, we cannot carry him in a 2-man central midfield and Pellegrini seems blind to this.
Nasri - Occasionally he'll show glimpses of Silva-like ability but not often enough, only really good enough to be a squad player.
Clichy - His derby performance was the first decent one I can remember in about 18 months. Last night was more typical, get rid.
Sagna - He appears to be less injury prone than Micah but that's about it, not a good signing IMO.
Navas - Cuts inside far too much instead of using his biggest asset, his pace. Not sure about letting him go though, 
Jovetic - I think there is a good player in there but he needs to cut down on the flicked short passes and spread the play more.
Dzeko (our game just does not suit his style) - Not bad, 26 goals last season and he doesn't suit our style, how many would he score if he did?? He is infuriating though, with his sulky attitude and lethargic performances at times.

For me Yaya, Clichy, Sagna can go, Nasri undecided, jury out on Jovetic but keep Navas and Dzeko.

goat

all well and good saying who should  be sold but.... many buyers out there for a 31 year old mardarse on 200+ k a week?

Paul lakes knee

Fernando has only played around 15 games for City and it is ridiculous to be even considering selling him.
Get rid of:
Yaya
Clichy
Maybe:
Nasri doesn't do much for me

Keep:
The rest

Ludo

I'd add Kolarov to the list of out-goings.

alexsam

When was the last time Yaya had a break of any real kind. African cups nearly every year, World Cup, constant football really.

I think this is or has caught up with him.

Leewonpen

Quote from: goat on November 06, 2014, 21:20:41
all well and good saying who should  be sold but.... many buyers out there for a 31 year old mardarse on 200+ k a week?

Afraid your probably right....cake gate etc at the end of last season was (IMO) a "come and get me" to any would-be suitors. He's still here.

Ludo

There's bound to be an idiot in that Indian league somewhere that'll buy him.

bry the guy

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I doubt he's arsed where he goes aslong as he gets a birthday cake and a Veyron.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: alexsam on November 06, 2014, 21:51:10
When was the last time Yaya had a break of any real kind. African cups nearly every year, World Cup, constant football really.

Well it's upto Pelle then to recognise this and give him that rest.

Neil Mcnab

To go:

Yaya Need a hungry player in his position, not one who has already had his cake. Get the right player and we will take off. He MUST GO.
Nasri  Great first game, all down hill since then.
Navas Never done it for us. I was never keen on signing him. He must be homesick by now, let him go.
Boyata At best a championship player. A quota filler.

Stay.
Sagna, how many games has he played? He knows he has come in as the number two. The way Clichy is playing, Sagna could get a game with Zabba on the left.
Jovetic is a quality player. Dzeko puts the ball in the back of the net. Not convinced we can get significantly better than these. Teams would be falling all over themselves to sign these two, tells its own story.
Fernando has just pitched up, to early, much to early to say.

Stephen Paul

I think the team has almost run its course. A clear out is required and some new faces

Rowley Birkin QC

For me, many of the names being touted in this thread will be fine - IF the team can find its collective mojo again.

Clichy's City career has run its course, and Sagna looks nothing more than a stop-gap until some better cover for Zabba comes along. Those two would be my only definite get-rids.

Of the others mentioned - Nasri (doesn't produce enough) and Yaya (brilliant and a liability in equal measure) are on a knife edge and I would now ship both out if the right deal can be found - but "the right deal" is the tricky bit (especially with Yaya's wages). Both might come good again if we find some form, but regrettably both seem to be significant factors in our form slump... Catch 22.

All the rest still have potential in my opinion or useful roles to play - so I'd keep. 

andy1966

Either that or the Lambert and Butlers  :D

goat

at this rate aguero must be inching towards the top of any list of players off, dont forget its not just the club that can decide if someone is packing their bags

Swiss

I'm sensing a lot of negativity in this thread...

andy1966

He's just been nominated for African  player of the year ? ;D ;D ;D

Paul lakes knee

Quote from: Paul lakes knee on November 06, 2014, 21:34:21
Fernando has only played around 15 games for City and it is ridiculous to be even considering selling him.
Get rid of:
Yaya
Clichy
Maybe:
Nasri doesn't do much for me

Keep:
The rest

What a load of bollocks! OOPS!! ;)

gavin

Strange how our best period of form thus far has come with Nasri playing and Silva out. Not that I would blame Silva for our poor form but I do think Nasri is unfairly maligned sometimes. He's not as good creatively as the magician but he is more of an all round player who contributes to the team. There's a guy who sits near me at the ground who spends most of the match berating Nasri when he is playing so I have to say that I particularly enjoy it when he scores.