News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ole at the wheel until 2024

Started by Stephen Paul, July 25, 2021, 13:33:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

So he is a has been, hope they get another no mark in to replace him.

gavin

Be nice if they got a new manager bump next weekend and then went back to shit.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Gareth on November 21, 2021, 09:28:33
Roberto Mancini will be on their short-list as a replacement - I don't much care who ends up there as long as it's not him; that would be a real disappointment
Can't see that with the world cup around the corner

Stephen Paul

The problem is no one wants the job because of Pep being next door who has almost single handed destroyed the club

lee

Former Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce is said to be "very keen" on the short-term managerial role at Manchester United. The 60-year-old Englishman made more than 300 appearances for United as a player.

lol

KunDB

Quote from: lee on November 23, 2021, 06:28:27
Former Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce is said to be "very keen" on the short-term managerial role at Manchester United. The 60-year-old Englishman made more than 300 appearances for United as a player.

lol

From my point of view not sure which outcome I would like better Brucey boy or Roy Keane taking over. lol Maybe even a Moahino return.

KunDB

When Fergie left Roy Keane said it could take 20 years for recovery. I laughed at the thought it could take so lone, now I think that's too short make it 30, 40, 50 or more and you know what it could well be. I live in hope.

Neil Mcnab

Give it Giggsy? He will be sure to try to develop warm relationships with the WAGs. How about a former City manager, Hughesless?

Stephen Paul

Imagine sacking a manager and then realising you have no replacement or plan b

Hilarious

gavin

Seems they have some sort of plan but it isn't a good one, as usual. They never cease to entertain with their stupidity.

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on November 25, 2021, 21:20:23
Seems they have some sort of plan but it isn't a good one, as usual. They never cease to entertain with their stupidity.

Unfortunately, I doubt that Ralf Rangnick is a stupid appointment if they manage to get him

gavin

Well admittedly I know little about him. But therein lies part of the problem. I doubt even their players do. A team beset by massive egos managed by someone they're hardly aware of, on a six month contract. It's hardly conducive to him having a massive impact even if he is a clever bloke. I doubt they'll make the top four which will make their summer search all the harder. Good.

Gareth

A proper plan would be for part of RR's 6-month remit to be engaged in the recruitment process for a "permanent" new manager, following which RR would become Director of Football. That way he would (potentially) have a large longer-term impact, both as an individual and in terms of the management structure. This would also get round the immediate problem of CL non-qualification being a deterrent for a likely appointments to an extent, because the long-term presence of RR as DoF would show a sense of purpose that would be an attractive proposition to any aspiring top-of-the-range applicant

gavin

Reckon any top of the range applicant doesn;t want a Director of Football sticking their beak into everything. It is alright for Pep who is big pals with Txiki and they work perfectly together. I happily predict another disaster :-)

gavin

So this thread is started on him signing a new contract at the end of July and by end of November he is gone. Then they appoint a manager until May. It is like they plan to fail.

Stephen Paul

Anyone would have failed at that club trying to keep up with City . That's why nobody wants the job