News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Leicester @Wembley

Started by gavin, August 07, 2021, 16:18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Ake, Mendy, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, Palmer, Mahrez, Edozie, Torres

SUBS | Carson, Grealish, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Sandler, Couto, Doyle, Gomes, Knight

Nice mix of senior and young players who have done well in pre season

Stephen Paul

Football is back

First trophy of the season up for grabs

C/Mon City

Stephen Paul

Thought Pep would have had a suit on

Stephen Paul

Didn't realise Bernardo wants away

According to ITV

lee

Mendy has had a full pre season and still bobbins.

Stephen Paul

Thought Mendy would have been up the road by now

KunDB

Lesson of first half. Mendy is rubbish. Sell him for whatever we can get.

KunDB

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 07, 2021, 17:46:27
Didn't realise Bernardo wants away

According to ITV

Pep men try mentioned it in press conference for this game.

gavin

Fernandinho was the key culprit for me first half but not great stuff all round really. I felt we should have had a penalty on Palmer but the ref gave it the other way. Palmer was ahead of his defender and the defender came through the back.

onerytk

Cancelo looks like he wants out totally disinterested in defending

Stephen Paul

Bleached hair back in fashion

onerytk

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

Hesperus

Not a good performance but it was a very weakened side so not to bothered. Not many positives and a bad mistake from Ake.  Edozie looked much improved in the 2nd half though.

I don’t think we learn much we didn’t already know. Mendy not good enough and Torres still isn’t a striker so we need one. Amazed we seem to be putting our eggs into the Kane basket because we’re never going to get him.

KunDB

Mahrez is not good enough to lead the team. Good player but lacks cutting edge and leadership qualities.

Back to back final losses.

Promising for the season ahead nevertheless IMO.

lee

Some of the lads got some mins under their belts.Dont read to much into this match.
I think it will take a good few weeks for us to hit top gear.I hope we buy a striker asap.

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on August 07, 2021, 19:19:11
Amazed we seem to be putting our eggs into the Kane basket because we’re never going to get him.

I say you’re wrong, we will get Kane.

lee

Quote from: KunDB on August 07, 2021, 19:21:55
I say you’re wrong, we will get Kane.

Kane will be in blue by the end of the month and not a spuds away kit

Hesperus

Levy won’t back down on 150 million. No way we’ll pay that. Listen to Peps words. “If Spurs want to negotiate maybe we can do a deal, if they don’t, we can’t “

When has Levy ever done a deal???  Never…..

lee

Quote from: Hesperus on August 07, 2021, 19:29:52
Levy won’t back down on 150 million. No way we’ll pay that. Listen to Peps words. “If Spurs want to negotiate maybe we can do a deal, if they don’t, we can’t “

When has Levy ever done a deal???  Never…..

We wont pay that much but add some swaps and it might

gavin

It was a very disappointing display, lacking cutting edge. Mahrez has been great against the lesser opposition but was totally inept today. We did better second half but couldn't create enough. The young lads were much better second half. Grealish came on, went down for one of his usual fouls and then found out that he won't get them for City but he'll do the business I think.

We'll need a big improvement next weekend. Eight days to work some magic Pep.

KunDB

Well Levy is no fool and Spuds need cash, so he will push as hard as he can right up until the last day for as much as he can squeeze out if City. But the bottom line is Kane wants out and he wants to go to City.

Stephen Paul

Very disappointing but in Pep we trust

Stephen Paul

Ake caught short

Good signing?

Gareth

Sometimes takes quite a while for players to work out what it is that Pep wants from them. Aké has time yet, I think - look how long it took Stones to come good and be a first choice. In the meantime, if Aké provides cover both at CB and LB while he learns, he's going to be useful.

KunDB

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 08, 2021, 06:03:48
Ake caught short

Good signing?

I really like Ake and was delighted we signed him. Yesterday was disappointing for him, as has been pre-season. On that basis he is simply a good squad player when he should be much better.

Needs to learn to concentrate full 90 minutes or he’ll be gone.