News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Spuds

Started by gavin, August 15, 2021, 15:31:35

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Pretty dreadful. DeBruyne needed to come on before we tried. Mendy enough said.

gavin

If this is what is to come from the new approach to reffing then I've had it with football. It seems to be the case that now it is not only acceptable to persistently foul but it gets you man of the match.

Stephen Paul

Can't blame the referee for that shite Gavin

Hesperus

Why on earth have we not signed a LB and a striker.

You have to question the competency of our transfer team. It’s not like it’s a surprise either of those positions needed fixing ffs!

Not surprised at the result. We’re not ready for this season due to the Euros. I reckon mid to the end of sept before we start performing consistently. Wonder that the table will look like at that point though!

KunDB

Kane is on the way, Mendy should never play again - a massive weak link and all our opponents know that and target him.

We are too reliant on midfielders and wingers for scoring, when they are mostly hit and miss. Mostly miss.

gavin

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 15, 2021, 18:28:50
Can't blame the referee for that shite Gavin

I can. He was letting them get away with foul after foul after foul without a booking. So much so that they knew they could get away with it. That Tanganga has got man of the match and he should have been booked in the first 10 minutes and not been able to make all those other fouls. Reffing has a big impact when it is so poor throughout.

Hesperus

I predict we won’t get Kane.

To me it was always an impossible transfer and one we were foolish to try to attempt.

Stephen Paul

4 shots on target in 90 minutes

Thats not acceptable for the raining champions

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on August 15, 2021, 18:37:02

To me it was always an impossible transfer and one we were foolish to try to attempt.

Have you always been this pessimistic?

Hesperus

No I think it’s realistic. I’ve never believed we’d get him. I’ve given my reasons on the transfer thread.

I hope I’m wrong as we desperately need a striker.

KunDB

I strongly believe that it won’t be too long before your fears are dispelled, though after today Levy might be adding a further 25 million to the transfer fee.

lee

Mendy can not start the next match.Im under the impression Pep picked him after his performances in the friendlys against weaker opposition.He probably found his level against them.Now Pep has had a good look at him he must sell him before the window shuts..Harsh i know but had enough of him he's shit.

lee

Quote from: Hesperus on August 15, 2021, 18:37:02

i think we will.Matter of days.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on August 15, 2021, 20:48:35
Mendy can not start the next match.Im under the impression Pep picked him after his performances in the friendlys against weaker opposition.He probably found his level against them.Now Pep has had a good look at him he must sell him before the window shuts..Harsh i know but had enough of him he's shit.

Mendy was pretty average in the friendlies I watched. I thought he was maybe picked today due to fitness and to put him in the for sale window. After today surely it must be clear he is nowhere up to the standard required and binned or sold. I’m sorry to say this but has to go.

gavin

On the bright side, I thought Grealish was excellent. Our best player by some way. He really could turn out to be a world class all round central midfielder. He was more than willing to put in the work defensively, putting in some excellent, important tackles. He was also our most promising attacker, looking like he could beat players regularly.