News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Torres

Started by Swiss, September 30, 2021, 21:17:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Why isn't he starting up top?

gavin

Think Pep really wanted Foden's pressing against Chelsea and he'll probs do the same against the scousers.

Neil Mcnab

Deserves a chance against the bin dippers.

Swiss

Just seems weird that pre-international break, he was a shoe-in.  After, he's not even getting on as a sub

gavin

Foden and KDB are back. Someone had to make way.

Stephen Paul

The jury is still out on Torres

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on October 02, 2021, 21:20:56
Foden and KDB are back. Someone had to make way.

Disagree,Torres has been playing the central striker role and in form.

Besides, he stuck Sterling up top which is a bit weird.

Hesperus

Think Pep is trying to play Sterling back into form, buts it’s not working at the moment. If there is a choice of Sterling up front or Torres I’d go with Torres and as Swiss said, Torres was in form and scoring prior to the international break.

At the moment though, Torres is not the answer to our striker problems. He may develop into the answer over time but we are missing a proper class striker. Imagine us with a top form Aguero, Kane, Harland, Mbappe, Benzema etc playing in the striker role.

Neil Mcnab

Scored twice for Spain against Italy. I think we already have a CF. Yeremi Pino also playing for Spain looked one for the future, though we have one or two wingers ourselves.

lee

Torres looks the part

CTID

I fear if we do not use him, we will lose him, maybe as early as January. He is a class player with instinctive finishing, just what we need.

Sooner lose Sterling and would play him not Sterling.

Neil Mcnab

I hope he doesnt go in January! I would expect he has more playing time, now he has settled in. Those in power at Newcastle noticing an unsettled Torres ripe for a move would be a dream come true.

gavin

It'd be such a shame to see him go elsewhere as he seems to be developing fast.

Stephen Paul

Rumour has it Chelsea are after him

gavin

Fooked his foot in the internationals. Solves that conundrum for now.

KunDB

I hate these international games. Clearly played while injured exasperating the injury, just like KDB did in the summer. International managers can play injured players then just walk away.

Stephen Paul