News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Why does this not surprise me

Started by Stephen Paul, October 04, 2021, 08:55:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Manchester City have made a complaint to Liverpool after alleging a home fan spat at their backroom staff in the first half of the 2-2 draw at Anfield.

Manager Pep Guardiola said he was not aware of the incident at the time but was subsequently notified.

"[The staff] told me but I didn't see it," he said after a game in which his side twice came from behind to draw.

"I'm pretty sure Liverpool FC will take measures against this person. I know they are greater than this behaviour."

It is understood Liverpool are investigating the incident and are looking at CCTV footage from that area of the ground.

gavin

CCTV will have been faulty in the area at the time...

Stephen Paul

Exactly

Scum of the earth those scousers

lee

They dont have to look far for the culprit.He was sat next to Micah for a few hours.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on October 04, 2021, 13:16:01
They dont have to look far for the culprit.He was sat next to Micah for a few hours.

😂

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on October 04, 2021, 08:58:05
CCTV will have been faulty in the area at the time...

City had their own camera and while it does not show the incidence it does show the offender and is supported by several witness statements.

Gareth

When I read the report about City having their own camera set up and focused on their technical area during the game, I had one of those “what is the world coming to?” moments. I mean, it’s an obvious disgrace that the incident happened, but also that City have to take steps of their own to record assaults on their staff... ffs...

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: lee on October 04, 2021, 13:16:01
LOL he has form, his true character.

gavin

I'm not aware of any other ground where one of our players has been spat at, another (Joe Corrigan) has had a glass bottle thrown at him and the team bus has been assaulted. Amazing that this is all at the same ground. What a coincidence.