News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Magpies

Started by KunDB, October 06, 2021, 21:24:11

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Newcastle on the brink of Saudi takeover.

Time we stopped this corrupt dirty Arab money distorting the Pl, lol   It will be interesting how the media react.

More competition for us and the others for a Super League oh sorry CL spot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58821131 

gavin

I don't begrudge fans of most clubs what we have had. Competition is good. If our money is supposedly tainted though then Saudi money ups things a few levels on that score.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Ye fair play to Newcastle. Most money at the top of the game is tainted so what difference does it make in the grand scheme? Is it ideal? No. Will it change anything? No.

I'm surprised Newcastle haven't had a big money takeover sooner because its a big club with big potential.

I won't begrudge them joining the party!

Stephen Paul

If it happens,  fair play

I am sure City will get a bit of flak anyway

Stephen Paul

It's happened

Big changes on the way for the Magpies

KunDB

Good to see as the Newcastle fans are both loyal and enthusiastic.

The price of Kylian and Mbappe has just jumped through the roof.

Bruce will be negotiating his severance package now.

Stephen Paul

Get FFP back immediately 😂

Stephen Paul

Neil Mcnab

Will shell suits be a bit cheaper at Sports Direct now.  :D Mike Ashley has done well out of it, no doubt.

Gareth

So apart from changing the management/coaching personnel, they are surely going to spend some money in the January window. Kane for £150m should be no problem. I hope City are realistic about any offers... Sterling & Mahrez, £100m each, I’d say

Stephen Paul

Yep, the January transfer window will be interesting

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Gareth on October 07, 2021, 22:49:39
So apart from changing the management/coaching personnel, they are surely going to spend some money in the January window. Kane for £150m should be no problem. I hope City are realistic about any offers... Sterling & Mahrez, £100m each, I’d say
My thoughts as well. Should be able to shift some players. If we dont sell to them, others will, so get them moved on.

gavin

We shouldn't be moving on players until we have replacements. Sterling and Mahrez are quality players. One or two injuries and they are in the team.

lee

I hope they get relegated.
Seriously the amount of hype around it is daft..The media and pundits are loving it.The amount of grief City took(I remember Newcastle fans slaggin us off)
At least City's owners have no human rights issues compared to the monsters who have bought Newcastle.

Im being a bit harsh and yeh their fans deserve it just like we deserved it but their owners dont sit right with me.

I can see Sterling playing for them :)

bry the guy

hello there could be cartel waras againi  afew years lol

Stephen Paul

It will make life more difficult for the likes of the rags,Spuds,gooners and Scousers to win trophies

silvablue

It will also make life more difficult for us in the transfer market and for others too eg RM Barcelona. IMO competition will only make us better.

One positive this takeover should move City out of the centre of the rifle sights of the screwed up football media journalists desperate to make up negative stories to sell papers.

gavin

I don't see them as a threat for Kane or many other players right now. It is going to be a few years until they are challenging at the top even with considerable investment. Kane wants trophies now. They'll have to do what we did and go through stages of picking up players that improve them no doubt but aren't right at the top right now. Players like Bellamy, Zaba and Clichy spring to mind. They did more for our progression than Robinho despite the headlines.

It is not an instant, easy fix to become successful even with money. Players who want success now, like Kane, aren't going to move there immediately when they can move elsewhere for more cash as they will ever need and success.

silvablue

Fair point Gavin it will take time. However, I suspect that it will be accelerated compared to us. FFP will be applied but strangely their bigger shirt, stadium and other sponsorship deals will not be questioned like ours were, and not halved in calculating FFP figures. A bit like PSG atm.

Stephen Paul

I am sure Sunderland fans are over the moon