News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at Southampton

Started by gavin, January 11, 2023, 19:15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Ortega Moreno, Cancelo, Walker, Laporte, Gomez, Phillips, Gundogan (C), Foden, Palmer, Alvarez, Grealish

SUBS | Ederson, Ake, Haaland, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Akanji, Mahrez, Lewis

Let's see what fatty does.

Stephen Paul

key players rested for the derby

C/mon Cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

KunDB

The 9 on the bench look to me like the core of the team that could start the derby at the weekend.

Big chance for Palmer to sparkle on his favoured right side.

lee

Abysmal and the kit they are wearing is even worse.

KunDB

The U18 team would have played better. Dreadful beyond belief. I was in meltdown long before their first goal.

Can't pass, can't defend, can't attack.

gavin

That was woeful. There was some absolutely dreadful play in that first half. Certain players really struggled to find the luminous shirts.

silvablue

Palmer off at half time sadly I reckon, Walker back to the right and all round improvement required.

KunDB

Better team win on the evening. We were pretty dismal once again, even with all the big guns brought on.

Not surprising something has been not right all season: in and out.

Better improve massively got the derby game.

lee

That was worse than Brentford at home.They looked totally disinterested tonight.I hope they are fired up for the rags at weekend.They fookin better be after that dog shit.

CTID

Sadly not the first time this season the players look disinterested. A bad omen for the PL when players take rest days on the pitch. Big rethink for Pep and his team.

Neil Mcnab

Oh dear, who ate all the pies didnt look hungry. Palmer hasnt shown anything, back to U21s. The Saints have marched on, played well. No more Rumbelows.

gavin

Hopefully, that is the last time that we see that sort of performance this season but it is becoming regular now.

jingoe

Palmer and especially Gomez are just not up to the task. The passing was woeful tonight and Soton were deserved winners. Beating Chelsea and Liverpool all for nothing.

Stephen Paul

very disappointing even with all the 80% possession and easily beaten

bbk

I'm tired of banging the drum but once more wont burst it: we just cannot cope without Haaland.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: bbk on January 12, 2023, 08:40:00
I'm tired of banging the drum but once more wont burst it: we just cannot cope without Haaland.
We coped against Chelsea

Stephen Paul

we have just handed the Rags the League Cup

bbk

Quote from: Stephen Paul on January 12, 2023, 09:11:45
We coped against Chelsea

Just joking! I've been angling for Pep to consider the false 9 again.

I think we could be about to see United win more than us for the first time in a while.

silvablue

I think we have hit a bump in the road and confidence is down all round. The team needs full fan support and will bounce back quickly.

It's a blessing in disguise. Fewer games mean fresher legs when needed.

C'mon City

bbk

This could be the 1-1 vs West Brom of a few years ago. Kick up the arse, few home truths behind closed doors, etc. etc.