News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Just watching a bit of the Baseball World Series

Started by Stephen Paul, October 27, 2021, 16:47:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

reddishblue

Do you mean the world? If so, when it was opened to all nations the Japs battered them so they changed the rules before the next 'world series'.

Only teams from the USA were allowed to compete. This is the reason they know nothing about soccer, long may it continue.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on November 11, 2021, 22:34:50
Do you mean the world? If so, when it was opened to all nations the Japs battered them so they
changed the rules before the next 'world series'.

Only teams from the USA were allowed to compete. This is the reason they know nothing about soccer, long may it continue.

That explains it

goat

its something to do with being sponsored by a paper 100 odd years ago, to be fair canada is in it and thats the world to most yanks

ask yank terry

Victoria

Yank Terry says: to be fair, most Americans think the county they live in is the world. BTW, there is a big dislike between Americans & Canadians

gavin

Never got into baseball at all though I enjoyed playing a bit of rounders at school. I've enjoyed the odd game of American Football but mostly I can't get into that either. I'm better off just sticking to football as that takes up too much of my time as it is.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Victoria on December 04, 2021, 11:10:37
Yank Terry says: to be fair, most Americans think the county they live in is the world. BTW, there is a big dislike between Americans & Canadians
Bit like the Irish and English then 😂

Hesperus

I watched a few games live when I lived in Pittsburg about 15 years ago. Pittsburg Pirates, they were, and still are totally rubbish, so being a city fan pre takeover I felt a certain allegiance 🙂.

The games were quite boring I thought but the fan interaction and experience were really good. Firing hotdogs T-shirts into the crowd. Passing your money down the the row of people guy selling beer and nuts. A few crowd singsongs half way through the game. It all helped to take away from the rubbish baseball on display.

lee

Quote from: Hesperus on December 05, 2021, 08:08:36
I watched a few games live when I lived in Pittsburg about 15 years ago. Pittsburg Pirates, they were, and still are totally rubbish, so being a city fan pre takeover I felt a certain allegiance 🙂.

The games were quite boring I thought but the fan interaction and experience were really good. Firing hotdogs T-shirts into the crowd. Passing your money down the the row of people guy selling beer and nuts. A few crowd singsongs half way through the game. It all helped to take away from the rubbish baseball on display.

Sounds like watching Utd