News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Crystal Palace PL

Started by KunDB, October 30, 2021, 14:05:53

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Walker, Dias (C), Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish, Jesus, Foden.

SUBS | Steffen, Stones, Ake, Sterling, Gundogan, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Palmer.

Very strong starting eleven. C'mon City

gavin

Neil Mcnab

Arguably strongest team. Hope KDB form returns soon. To improve it, maybe Kane in for Jesus and an alternative to Rodri, Fenandinho from a year or two back if it was possible. See Frenkie de Jong is mentioned in the Evening News, cant think he has been playing too well. Perhaps Sterling going the other way?

KunDB

Sloppy passing, giving away possession easily and Ederson should have saved that shot albeit a free chance from a defensive shambles.

KunDB

Panic passing, panic play, long balls over the top mostly going astray. Need to calm down and play our normal passing possession game.

KunDB

Laporte red card, deserved. What a clown. Poor performance from him today, at fault for the first goal. John Stones here is your chance now.

KunDB

We have totally lost the plot, discipline and most likely the three points.

Neil Mcnab

LOfting the ball into the Palace box was just a waste, Laporte wont be seen for a while. Pep needs to work his magic at half time, because its looking like a home defeat.

gavin

Neil Mcnab

KDB was nowhere near 100%, it had to be him off.

KunDB

KdB never recovered from summer playing injured with Belgium. Much more like City this second half.

Good goal. Argh

Neil Mcnab

Mahrez and Sterling on. I really hope the normally lazy Mahrez puts a shift in.

Neil Mcnab

Bound to leave ourselves open trying to equalise. It looked like we couldnt string a pass together, but Palace were really sharp and quick. We got what we deserved, nowt.

Hesperus

Dropping points to Southampton and Palace at home.  That’s bad. 

gavin

Got what we deserved.

Still, the refereeing was disgraceful. I said in the first 15 minutes that he would book the keeper in the 85th minute for what he let him get away with all match. Clear penalty on Foden not given. It was an embarrassing but all too predictable performance.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on October 30, 2021, 17:34:59
Got what we deserved.

Still, the refereeing was disgraceful. I said in the first 15 minutes that he would book the keeper in the 85th minute for what he let him get away with all match. Clear penalty on Foden not given. It was an embarrassing but all too predictable performance.

100% agree Gavin.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Hesperus on October 30, 2021, 17:18:02
Dropping points to Southampton and Palace at home.  That’s bad.
Not good but let's see how we respond

KunDB

Seems to me to be the absolutely obvious outcome of relying entirely on midfielders with no out and out striker. You may have a feast but now and again you will suffer a famine.

That’s certainly the way our season has headed, plenty of goal feasts followed by intermittent goal famines. It’s also likely the way our season will continue. No matter how good we are as a team nor how good the midfielders we have they simply don’t have the eye for goal or cutting edge a classy striker brings to the field of play.

Hesperus

Our last three home PL games have all been poor performances against opposition we would expect to play well against. Saints, Burnley and Palace. 4 points out of 9 and didn’t play well in any of them. Throw in poor form of KDB, Sterling and Mahrez and it’s a bit concerning.

gavin

I'm convinced KDB will return to form soon. But Mahrez and Sterling, I'm not so sure about now.