News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions and match build up for Everton at home. Sunday 21st November 2pm

Started by Stephen Paul, November 13, 2021, 08:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Everton are a bit hit or miss at the moment under Rafael Benítez ,so hopefully a decent result against our old bogey team

3-0 City 

Stephen Paul

Manchester City have defeated Everton on 70 different occasions in the league, more times than they have defeated any other club in league fixtures - City have played Everton 176 times.

Gareth

So that’s a 40% win percentage. And that’s our best against any team over all league matches? (Not just the premier league?) Sounds a bit low considering some of the rubbish teams we played when we were pretty rubbish ourselves. Alternatively, sounds quite high for a bogey team, but I well remember the times when we couldn’t seem to muster a performance against them home or away.

Edit: Number of wins and win% are of course different stats... City's highest win% (against teams currently in the PL) is 64% from just 22 matches played (vs both Brighton and Watford), far fewer than the 176 matches played vs Everton.

Stephen Paul

gavin

I've been to Goodison a good few times and never seen us win. Not been for a few years though obviously as we are a lot better there now barring an odd hiccup. I remember a few bad games against them at home too though. I can't see it being too tough this year but lets see what we're left with after the internationals.

It is going to be a tough week at home with three games there on trot again. It seems to happen a lot these days. Poor scheduling but who is surprised with the idiocy at the top.

Neil Mcnab

The toffees have had a fair few injuries, are not playing well. 1-4 to us.

Stephen Paul

Paddy pig betting

90 minutes
City 1/7
Draw 7/1
Everton 20/1

City to score both halves
3/4

Both teams to score
Yes 13/10
No 4/7

First goal
Foden 7/2
Mahrez 4/1
Kdb 4/1
Sterling 4/1
Gundogan 4/1
Jesus 4/1
Grealish 5/1
Silva 7/1
Stones 16/1

Stephen Paul

The odds suggest Everton have no chance

20/1 is probably the worst odds I've seen for a team playing City

Stephen Paul

gavin

Stephen Paul

Match Referee
Stuart Attwell will take charge of his 146th Premier League match on Sunday, with the 39-year-old having been appointed as the referee for City's match against Everton.

Attwell has taken charge of 10 matches already this year, showing 37 yellow cards and no red cards.

The 39-year-old last refereed a game involving City in May, when Joao Cancelo was controversially dismissed during a 3-2 defeat to Brighton at the AMEX Stadium.

Assistant Referees
Joining Attwell at the Etihad this weekend will be Assistant Referees Lee Betts and Harry Lennard.

Video Assistant Referees
Overviewing proceedings from Stockley Park will be Video Assistant Referee Chris Kavanagh a

Fourth Official
Craig Pawson

gavin

That sending off of Cancelo was a bad decision. It was an accident. Another clueless tosser in charge.

KunDB

2  0   City win

Always tough against Everton, so I will be glad just for the three points regardless of the score.

gavin

gavin