News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Gunners

Started by KunDB, January 01, 2022, 11:33:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

Phew, thank feck for that. Great to see how much it means after the second goal.

gavin

Agreed, the BT coverage was awful. The only really contentious decision was not giving a penalty for a foul on Jesus in the first half. Not our fault their players were stupid to give away a clear penalty and sending off.

Fucking great win.

Rowley Birkin QC

I see the "plucky Arsenal" had begun even before the final whistle.  Bollocks! They were good value in the first half, but then a catastrophic loss of discipline, after that it was all City. Great to see us snatch all the points. I reckon a few heads dropped a bit in Liverpool and the West end of London, when Rodri slipped the winner in. 

Kilkenny Blue

Mahrez should be shot after that performance.  Dreadful

Victoria

City certainly did not play well. We got away with one there. Have BT got Gary Neville as pundits? Those 2 are spouting shit about City here so blatantly biased.

Victoria

I forgot the other one is Jamie Carragher if it's spelt like that!

lee

My summary of the match is Granit Xhaka is a despicable cnut

KunDB

MEN report on match

A 1. 1. Draw apparently (see screenshot attached).

Rowley Birkin QC

Someone at the MEN pressing "Send" a bit early there?

KunDB

I’m always first to criticise referees when they get things badly wrong, but this season allowing the games to have a more physical side to them without peep peeping continuously is great for the game.

gavin

I reckon teams have got away with far too many fouls against us this season, including today. Football is about playing good football not letting the game run through persistent fouling. Arsenal were dirty bastards today. A foul is a foul and should be given as such. And if they carry on then a booking should surely follow.

The art of the tackle is a great one. Take for instance that by Ederson, he clearly got the ball and diverted its path from the attacker. I see now that they are not talking about it being an error but are bothered by the inconsistency because the ref didn't go over and look at it. That was because neither he or the VAR saw a foul. On the contrary, pulling someone's shirt in the box is never going to result in winning and diverting the ball. It will always either be a foul you get away with or don't. They didn't get away with it today and quite rightly so.

Loved the celebration by Rodri. Not quite in the Adebayor class but still nice. Give the lad a rise.

KunDB

In my Post I was going to say in many games we have been the victims of letting play flow, no question of that. But referees can still let games flow and book players as well. The main thing is don’t stop the game for every minor or petty foul.

The referees got the big decisions right today, though the Jesus one should have been a penalty imo. Clear cut in my mind.

The Ederson one was not a penalty even though Ederson caught foot before ball (only observable in Super slow mo).

Kilkenny Blue

I have a bit of sympathy for Arsenal on their claim for a penalty.  Didn't think it was until I saw the replay and, to be honest, wouldn't have complained if it had been given.  Also taking my City hat off, what is frustrating is the complete lack of consistency with VAR.  We benefited from it today but have been the victims of it plenty of times before.

Still delighted we won though and well deserved.  Listening to the pundits you'd swear there was only one team trying, bit the stats clearly show City dominated the game.

zacc

How City won is a mystery to me worse game I've watched so far this season.
Ref wasn't assertive enough, gather he was a replacement swap ?

Kilkenny Blue

Another observation from the Rodri celebration.  I saw a Twitter post from a fan.  The stadium was half empty (except for the away fans section) :D

Stephen Paul

Time wasting , roughing up the penalty spot , constant bullying the officials

It makes the 93rd minute winner more sweet