News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

We'll play with what we've got

Started by gavin, January 06, 2022, 20:59:43

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

From Liverpool, Chelsea, and United it is whine after whinge after moan after cry. From City, 'We'll play with what we've got'.

What a club.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/swindon-man-city-injury-update-fa-cup-63777063

KunDB

What is pathetic is the PL and EFL approving these cancellations.

We completed all our December fixtures and we will get on with this one even with a significantly depleted team, with no complaint if we lose. Losers are whingers that much is clear.

Newspaper Extract, which sums up the spirit Guardiola and his team has instilled in the City DNA.:

Assistant coach Rodolfo Borrell, who will take charge of the side in Guardiola’s absence, said: “We have actually prepared mentally for the game.

“We have to prepare for the game to happen and this is what we have done until now and we will keep going this way."

“If it is not possible tomorrow for whatever reason, because there is more news, it is out of our reach to know right now. We are prepared to play the game and mentally we are ready for it.

“At the end of the day, it (will) possibly be one of the easiest line-ups we have to decide because we are going to play with the (players) we have available. We don’t have much more.

“Our aim is to keep playing as much as we can, trying to respect all competitions and trying to keep playing. At this moment we can fill the team.

“We will play with what we have got. We have got some first-team players and some others that are going to come from our second team.”

zacc

Can see this becoming a chant " we'll play with what we've got" haha

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: zacc on January 07, 2022, 16:25:14
Can see this becoming a chant " we'll play with what we've got" haha

Aye, the chant should be "No excuses, no compromise"

onerytk

gavin

My contempt for our competitors grows daily but really they do themselves no favours with all these excuses.

silvablue

So lucky we had to play every game December 1 to January 1 that Liverpool and  Chelsea repetitively complained was impossible. We win the lot. We must have been ‘lucky’ last season then to win the PL oh yes that would be losing our star striker Sergio Aguero nearly all year

Losing mentality from the cup kings who know the PL is the real test of champions with. I room for luck.

gavin

Yes, instead of looking at what they can do to improve themselves they make excuses and call City lucky. When they won the title, Pep was nothing but complimentary. He never makes excuses when we get beat. We look at areas to improve like finishing  and not rushing the approach play so we don't get caught on the break. That is the way to win more games not calling the opposition lucky. They should be embarrassed.

Stephen Paul

These games will catch up on them

Excuses are embarrassing

Stephen Paul

Quote of the day

Some coaches play false 9s
Others hide behind false positives

Hesperus

I hope the FA investigate. It just isn’t plausible that they had so many false positives. Could be deliberate manipulation of test results to get games postponed.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on January 10, 2022, 11:20:36
Quote of the day

Some coaches play false 9s
Others hide behind false positives

Brilliant!!  I've just used that in an argument with a bitter, delusional bindipper

Stephen Paul

gavin

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on January 11, 2022, 10:09:32
Brilliant!!  I've just used that in an argument with a bitter, delusional bindipper

The words bitter and delusional are redundant in that sentence.