News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Jack the lad Grealish

Started by Stephen Paul, January 10, 2022, 17:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Is he settling at City or unsettling at City

Gareth

Looking at the bigger picture, seems to me that City's purchases under Pep represent investments in players where he clearly sees the longer term contribution they can make to the team/club, once they learn the Pep way of doing things. I'm sure the likely success of players learning the Pep way is part of the process of buying a player, particularly a player who is already high-profile. So personally I am not at all concerned with JG's progress since he became a blue, I think he's well on schedule. He's still got a lot to learn, but Pep knows that and communicates it. As fans I think we should, by now, have learned to respect Pep's judgement and buy into the way he develops players, including players who were already "great".

CTID

A tad early to be judging, give him a full year before judging his performances.

gavin

He has been a bit up and down but he is having to adapt. It has happened to many players on arriving at City in the last few years. I've seen enough to be sure that he will come good.

Stephen Paul

maybe get a run out this weekend against Chelski 

gavin

Still very hard to tell who will be back and who might be out.

Neil Mcnab

All players take some time to settle in. That said he is 26 and was the captain of his former club. I would expect him to be setting an example. A good one that is.