News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City's revenues now surpass the rags.

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, January 12, 2022, 11:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Sorry, goes to a subscription page... hang on a minute...

Rowley Birkin QC

Some basic facts summarised from the article:-

City’s operating revenues to â,¬644m in the 2020/21 season, up 17 per cent year on year.

Manchester United generated â,¬557m in the same period.

City’s run to last season’s Champions League final led to income of â,¬129.5m from Uefa.

City’s commercial revenues increased 8 per cent to â,¬307.9m.

United’s commercial revenues fell almost 17 per cent year on year to £232.2m.

Rowley Birkin QC

Got the usual warnings about copywrite infringement when I copied and pasted this, so please delete Gav if not appropriate. 

Stephen Paul

gavin

I've amended the post to include just some of the basic and most important facts from the article. Hopefully that should be enough to prevent any problems.

It is quite a large gap in revenues that!! With their commercial revenues falling and ours going up, it is looking very nice indeed!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on January 12, 2022, 12:59:23
I've amended the post to include just some of the basic and most important facts from the article. Hopefully that should be enough to prevent any problems.

Thanks for that Gav. Apologies for creating work for you.

Kilkenny Blue

It was only a matter of time.  The CFG model has been reviewed and praised by several financial publications as revolutionary.  A couple of good reads from Forbes show the financial impact of the CFG model.  The writer makes a really valid point when he states that the American owners of Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are more concerned with taking money out of the club, rather than investing.  It's not really surprising that these 3 clubs were the ringleaders of the SL.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2021/05/29/sheikh-mansours-biggest-win-manchester-citys-46-billion-increase-in-value/?sh=659596f36f2f

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2021/04/10/forget-manchester-citys-loss-its-results-are-all-about-the-wages/?sh=6ab161c37a78

lee

Lovely news that Ken..The chants of tick tock have really come home to roost

Stephen Paul

I remember City being  56 million in debt and having to sell SWP

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on January 13, 2022, 08:56:11
I remember City being  56 million in debt and having to sell SWP

That was the rags annual prawn sandwich invoice

Stephen Paul

gavin

Just look how sick he looks when he compares us to Celtic. He actually knows that they're foooked underneath it all.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Love that last bit at the end.

"We're shit".

The only thing he said that's correct :D

Was talking to the brother in law the other day and he mentioned he wants to go to London, and asked if I'd been. I said ye but only to Wembley so haven't really seen London properly. Then had to ask him if he knew what Wembley was and had to explain to him that it was where teams go for cup finals :D

Oh indeed, how times have changed!!

gavin

I never knowingly talk to a rag unless it is to take the piss. So I talk to them a lot more than I used to.

Stephen Paul

24 points ahead of the world's best 😉