News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Spuds

Started by gavin, February 19, 2022, 16:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Sterling, De Bruyne, Foden

SUBS | Carson, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Delap, McAtee, Lavia

Walker and Gundogan back in.

CTID

Strong solid team now for as strong solid performance.

gavin

Typical performance from Taylor in black. City putting on pressure as the half went on but Spuds allowed to delay at every opportunity.

CTID

Awful defending today cost us big time.

Hesperus

Rubbish up front too.

Fecking hate spurs.

CTID

Poor up front but also unlucky at times. Great game even though we lost.

Stephen Paul

Dippers back in it

The press are having a wankfest

Stephen Paul

Post update
Man City 2-3 Spurs

Liverpool are six points behind City with a game in hand.

If the Reds win all their games - including against City on 9 April - they could win the title on goal difference (if City won all their other games

gavin

Long way to go yet. It was unlikely to be smooth sailing all along to the finish. Spuds had a day where everything went in for them. Not a great performance from City anyway. But Riyad put his penalty away nice which could bode well.

Kilkenny Blue

Our defending was utter shite!  Shocking

Neil Mcnab

We havent been all that in the league for a few weeks. They cut through us like butter. It reminded me of City games from many years ago when every time the opposition had an attack, it felt like the opponents were going to score. Is Dias off the boil? On that performance I would be bringing in Stones and Ake. That said was there a stand out City performance? Only who was the worst.
If I was being generous, call it a champions league hangover.

Kilkenny Blue

I hate to say it but KDB has been a shadow of himself this season. He always seems slightly off the pace and is constantly giving the ball away cheaply.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Disappointing, yes.

Well done to spuds for winning their cup final for the year.

There's plenty of games yet for us to win or lose the league.

In Pep we trust.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on February 19, 2022, 23:36:59
I hate to say it but KDB has been a shadow of himself this season. He always seems slightly off the pace and is constantly giving the ball away cheaply.

Rumour has it he has put half a stone on this season

Sippy

Yesterday KdB worked his socks off first half. Couldn't have done much more Second half either. So I doubt that.

The problem yesterday, and even against Sporting, our work rate as a team at hunting the ball back and our passing seems to have deteriorated. I have noticed this in other games even though we have won them. A shade of complacency setting in.

zacc

Quote from: Stephen Paul on February 19, 2022, 19:39:22
Dippers back in it

The press are having a wankfest

Yeh all loving the result, gloating, cheering with glee , shows only skin deep their admiration of City. 

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Stephen Paul on February 20, 2022, 04:30:06
Rumour has it he has put half a stone on this season
Has he been to the bank to withdraw some cash, bound to weigh you down.

gavin

KDB is still one of our hardest working players, if not the hardest working player. He does us proud with his effort every time he pulls on a City shirt. Everyone has dips in form but he is still a world class player too.

gavin

Course the wankers went and lost at Burnley after beating us. Are they Typical City in disguise?