News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Liverpool

Started by KunDB, April 10, 2022, 15:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne (C), Bernardo, Jesus, Foden, Sterling

SUBS | Steffen, Ake, Gundogan, Grealish, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Mahrez, McAtee, Lavia

No Dias even on bench

I like Jesus on the wing.

silvablue

Suspect Grealish and Mahrez could be on for the last twenty minutes.

Guessing Jesus is starting as he offers more defensive cover against their breaking forward backs.

Come on City Give us another big win.

gavin

Should be good enough to beat the scousers. I'd like Foden on the left like Anfield. Come on City.

silvablue

Looks like you got your Foden wish Gavin.

KunDB

Why do we stop attacking and sit back after we scored each goal.

gavin

Good half. Should be more for City. Sterling needs to sort himself.

Rowley Birkin QC

Great football. Could be more, but for some City indecision and a last gasp leg to deflect the cross away from Sterling. 

KunDB

Why have we not seen a tv reply of the possible penalty for Jesus, he seemed convinced it was one.

Rowley Birkin QC

FFS our every touch of the ball from the restart to ball ending up in our net was crap!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Jesus had two shots where there was a better option in the middle of the box.

Ref is shit as usual.

Neil Mcnab

Thought Jesus and Mahrez were too greedy. We could and should have won if they had put the ream first. Great game, two points dropped, hope they dont come back to bite us.
"Suspect Grealish and Mahrez could be on for the last twenty minutes." Good call.

lee

Taylor an absolute wanker

Rowley Birkin QC

Two very different halves. Second half played at a slower pace, and with seemingly less confidence by City. We could still have won it, but once again we failed to be ruthless in front of goal. Disappointing game in the end.  I'm off to bed now... still not entirely sure why we bought Grealish...

KunDB

Neill I agree with you, Jesus and Mahrez far too greedy and cost us potential goals.

silvablue

Humdinger of a game. We wasted a golden chance to effectively seal the PL today.

Mahrez and Grealish indeed were the subs, but Mahrez has to shoot with his left foot and defenders know that.

gavin

Dirty scouse bastards. Ref let them get away with it. There was some dreadful deliberate fouling going on. City played a good game overall but as usual weren't deadly enough finishing. Would have backed Mahrez to score that these days.

gavin

It says a lot that City were rushing to win the game at the end whilst the scousers were taking their time. I'm quite amazed that they seem happy with the draw after the event too. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if City now win all remaining games to win the title and the scousers lose it by a point. If the roles were reversed then I would have been going mad for City to do more to try to win the game instead of taking their time.

There is only one team with a winners mentality. There is only one team who deliberately boot opponents.

Rowley Birkin QC

In the cold light of day (now morning here in Oz) I'm still a bit meh about this game. I thought we were really good in the first half, and moved the ball around with something resembling an arrogant swagger. Liverpool looked distinctly rattled at times. But the short run of mini-errors from the restart that culminated in Liverpool's second equaliser seem to take the wind out of our sails and we took a while to get going again, and we never quite recaptured the tempo of the first half. Liverpool, to give them some credit,  worked much harder in the 2nd half to close us down, but even so we still looked the better team, and it's a disgrace their resorting to professional fouls wasn't punished properly. I'll take the draw, but I can't help feeling this is one that got away from us, and a real opportunity to make a statement.

KunDB

Definitely one that got away, just like at Anfield. That said a half a shoulder cost us.

Stephen Paul

We definitely had them and points lost,  yes

But it's in our hands now

Kilkenny Blue

VVD and TAA didn't live up to their 'best in the world' tag either  :D

Stephen Paul

Those two probably wouldn't get in our starting 11

lee

Dippers have some tough games coming up..Spurs wont be easy and the rags might do us a favour(they never fookin do though the shithouses)